Position: Underwriting Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Part-time
Supervisor: Director of Underwriting Partnerships
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
— Mission Statement, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
BE A PART OF THE CHANGE
We love Milwaukee. Our city isn’t perfect. What city is? But we believe in Milwaukee – as it is today, and in its potential to become even better. And that’s why Radio Milwaukee exists. To be a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
We champion Milwaukee – our music, arts and culture, neighborhoods and community organizations. We celebrate diversity and encourage community engagement. We aspire to be a force that breaks down barriers and brings people together. We pursue our mission on the air, online and in the community.
Join a team of highly motivated employees to promote and further our impact in the community in this part-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Underwriting Department
- Serve as back up for sales team in their absence to include: interfacing with 88Nine Underwriting team and business partners on scripts and copy
- Assist in retrieving sales reports as needed
- Accurately maintain list of underwriters’ contact information for use on website, station databases, invites to sessions and other special events.
- prepare correspondence such as invitations and thank you notes to support stewardship of partners
- Collect ratings research and assist in creating, proofing and assembling sales materials
- Update sales collateral, proposal templates and media kits as directed
- Create sales proposals and sales pieces
- Ensure partner contracts are executed and all sponsor benefits are delivered
- Prepare recaps of past underwriting campaigns and station initiatives
- Organize and regularly maintain shared drive (Box)
- Schedule appointments with underwriting partners and prospects
- Participate in underwriting meetings and trainings as needed
- Work major station events such as Radio Milwaukee Music Awards, Soundbites and Fall Ball. Support the department’s roles in these events.
- Assist in organizing day sponsors and supporting materials, food partners, one-offs and recognition of participants for bi-annual membership drives
- Enter daily payments, produce and distribute mid-month statements of overdue accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Administrative experience preferred
- Broadcast experience a plus
- Marketron, Zoho CRM, TAPSCAN, Scarborough, Google DFP are a plus
RADIO MILWAUKEE IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK!
We regularly host live musical performances in our community space. Take a break, and hear the local and touring groups perform for our members!
Station Swag – T-shirts, hoodies, hats!
Awarded Milwaukee’s Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2016. Work in our creative Walker’s Point offices that include a full kitchen, green roof/deck, performance space and coffee shop!
Meet donors, members and community leaders making Milwaukee a great place to live.
BENEFITS AT RADIO MILWAUKEE
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal paid time off. Benefits are available after an introductory 90 day period.
Send cover letter, references, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by 5pm April 27. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.