Position: Seasonal Event Marketing Assistant
Position Type: Seasonal, part-time
Supervisor: Marketing Manager
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
— Mission Statement, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
BE A PART OF THE CHANGE
We love Milwaukee. Our city isn’t perfect. What city is? But we believe in Milwaukee – as it is today, and in its potential to become even better. And that’s why Radio Milwaukee exists. To be a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
We champion Milwaukee – our music, arts and culture, neighborhoods and community organizations. We celebrate diversity and encourage community engagement. We aspire to be a force that breaks down barriers and brings people together. We pursue our mission on the air, online and in the community.
Join a team of highly motivated employees to promote and further our impact in the community in this seasonal, part-time position.
88Nine is seeking a seasonal Event Marketing Assistant to support the marketing team’s efforts on-site at community events from June to mid-September. This person will be the leader on-site at events representing Radio Milwaukee, interacting with community members, coordinating with volunteers and reporting back to the marketing team with feedback and event performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage on-site presence at 1-3 events per week, between June-September
- Train and lead event volunteers
- Create and maintain post-event reporting system
- Organize stock of 88Nine premiums
- Pack station vehicle for each summer event
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Radio Milwaukee’s brand
- Outgoing and comfortable starting conversations with strangers
- Ability to multitask and quickly problem solve
- Must have flexible work schedule with weekend and weeknight availability, including Summerfest
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs and stand for 3-4 hours at a time
- Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record and be comfortable driving and parking an SUV in the city
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and iPads
- Bachelors degree not required, some college education a plus
- Hourly wage
- 10-20 hours per week from June 1 to mid-September
RADIO MILWAUKEE IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK!
We regularly host live musical performances in our community space. Take a break, and hear the local and touring groups perform for our Members!
Work in our creative Walker’s Point offices that include a full kitchen, green roof/deck, performance space and coffee shop!
Meet donors, members and community leaders making Milwaukee a great place to live.
In 100 words or less, tell us why you are the right candidate for the job. To apply, send 100 words and resume to: email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2018. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.