Join Present Music as Artistic Director Kevin Stalheim takes you on a journey, crossing a musical multiverse, exploring the contrast and parallels of new classical and traditional folk music. The concert features guest conductor David Bloom and indie composer/musician Sarah Goldfeather, who will premiere and perform three of her new pieces.
Tickets and info available HERE.
The repertoire features compositions and composers that present a dichotomy in their own depth and identity as musicians. The concert features music by Dylan Mattingly’s “Lighthouse (Refugee Music by a Pacific Evxpatriate),” Annika Socolofsky’s “a sense of who,” Donnacha Dennehy’s “As An Nós,” Dan Trueman’s “WaysOfTheUnderworld,” and more.
You’re invited to the after party!!!
Including Milwaukee’s bluegrass duo Jesse Walker’s Hitch paired with visual projections by Wes Tank, a cash bar, and a unique photo opportunity with Sally Duback‘s piece “Last Dance on a Hot Planet”!
* Dylan Mattingly: Lighthouse (Refugee Music by a Pacific Expatriate)
* Annika Socolofsky: a sense of who
* Dan Trueman: from Symphony of W’s — movement II. WaysOfTheUnderworld
* Donnach Dennehy: As An Nós
* Sarah Goldfeather: a set of original folk songs
* Dan Trueman: Orton’s Ode