Welcome to the glorious month of May, or better yet, the real start of Summer, Festival Season, and excessive outdoor patio brunching! And because the month of May is just that fantastic I’ve decided to compile 5 Top 5 Lists covering everything from concerts coming to Milwaukee this month to exciting events that will be happening in the city! Go on and check them out, I know you want to.
LIVE SHOWS COMING TO MILWAUKEE
There’s plenty to go around when it comes to these 5 concerts happening throughout the month. Be sure to check them out by clicking the links to purchase tickets and venue hop your way through Milwaukee this month!
- Catfish and the Bottlemen at The Rave on May 9 with an exclusive Buy One Get One deal for General Admission and VIP Balcony ranging from $26.50-$31.50
- Hall & Oates is ready to rock out with Tears for Fears and all of you on May 13 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. Tickets range from $32-$175 and worth every penny to listen to “Maneater” and “Rich Girl” live!
- Jimmy Eat World is set to return to The Rave on May 19 with Beach Slang. General admission costs $26.50 and VIP Balcony costs $31.50
- Lindsey Stirling will be playing a couple of strings on May 25 at the Riverside Theatre with special guests Broods and Ocean Park Standoff. If you’re looking for something fun and unique go on and check out the show, tickets range from $29.50-$65.00
- Tony Bennett at The Riverside Theatre on May 28 with special guest Antonia Bennett. The show starts at 7:30PM and tickets range from $55-$125
MILWAUKEE EVENTS TO EXPLORE
There’s always tons of fun and exciting events happening around the city to kick off your summer! Check out some of the awesome events tha’ll be taking place around the city.
- The infamous Brady Street Walking Lunch Tour will be starting up on May 6 and costs $55 per adult/$35 per adolescent (8 to 15 years old). If you wish to partake in this family friendly and fun event be sure to grab a pair of tickets to start your May off right! Click the link to purchase tickets to this tour or check out the many other tours offered around Milwaukee!
- The second annual Friends of the Domes art festival, Art in the Green, will be held at the Milwaukee Domes as a fundraising event to benefit the Domes. It takes place from May 6-7 with tickets at $5 per person and those under the ages of three are free.
- In honor of the Pabsts Milwaukee Brewery opening up on 414 Day (April 14), they will be hosting a free Street Festival on May 13 with live performances from IshDARR, New Age Narcissism, Abby Jeanne and more! Go on down to Juneau Avenue between 10th and 11th street and enjoy all the fest has to offer from food, art galleries, and games!
- The Traveling Beer Garden is returning this May to make its rounds through parks in the greater Milwaukee area. The “Roll Out the Barrel Tour” begins May 17 in Greenfield Park, West Allis and the “Pass Me A Pint Tour” also kicks off on May 17 at Juneau Park, Milwaukee! The Traveling Beer Garden will be “visiting 13 parks over 16 weeks to serve over 100,000 pints of beer!” If you want to participate in their 5k series, click the link and scroll to the bottom to signup and receive one free drink in your swag bag, the first race is May 18 at Juneau Park.
- Nothing screams summer like flying a kite! Head down to Veterans Park from May 27-28 to check out Gift of Wings Family Kite Festival, complete with kite flying demos and an opportunity to make your own kite! Sounds like a great day to grab a picnic basket and hang out down by the lake.
MUSIC FESTIVAL SEASON BEGINS
In the mood for a last minute trip? Check out these Music Festivals taking place at the end of May. If you act quickly, you can still pick up tickets to catch some of your favorite artists performing on the festival circuit this summer.
- Shaky Knees Music Festival in Atlanta, Georgia will not disappoint this year. Running from May 12-14 with a pre-kick off Show on May 11, it’ll be a weekend of great music and warm weather. Some of the featured artists on the lineup this year are LCD Soundsystem, Cage the Elephant, The xx, Sylvan Esso, Ryan Adams, Bleachers, and more! Click the link to check out the lineup and if you’re lucky, general admission tickets for 1 day or all 3 might still be available!
These next two sets of festivals will be competing for number one during the weekend of May 19 and Memorial Day weekend. So, here are a couple options for every type of music lover!
- Hangout Music Festival will be rolling into Gulf Shores, Alabama from May 19-21. Not only do they have all the faves Mumford & Sons, Twenty One Pilots, and Frank Ocean on the lineup, they also have plenty of great openers playing throughout the day such as Mac DeMarco, Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness, Local Natives, Snakehips and so on. If you want to hangout with all of them for a weekend, click the link to purchase tickets!
- Wildflower Arts & Music Festival is celebrating its 25th year from May 19-21 in Richardson, Texas. Artists ranging from the B-52s, X Ambassadors, The All-American Rejects, Bowling For Soup, Almost Queen and more are sure to give attendees a little bit of everything. Tickets are on sale now so click the link to check them out!
- Sasquatch! Music Festival takes place at the Gorge in George, Washington from May 26-28 and is ready to rock your socks off! Performances from Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, The Head and the Heart, Charles Bradley & his Extraordinaires, the Strumbellas and more are set to take the stage and rock the Gorge off the place! Click the link to purchase tickets and rock out around a lot of lush greenery in Washington State!
- Boston Calling is taking place in none other than Boston, Massachusetts from May 26-28 with music and comedy performances. Artists making their way down to the festival are Bon Iver, Chance the Rapper, The 1975, Run the Jewels, Weezer and plenty more! Follow the link to purchase tickets to the show and have a jolly ole time jamming out near Harvard!
SUMMER BLOCKBUSTERS COMING TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU
There’s bound to be a couple of nights where you just want to sit back and relax with a tub of popcorn and pretzels bites to your side. Well, you’re in luck because there’s a little something for everyone coming to a theatre near you this month.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 officially premieres on the big screen Friday May 5, but maybe you were one of the lucky ones who snagged a late night screening on thursday! No matter when you see it, it’s sure to bring lots of throwback jams and during its 2-hour duration plenty of shots of buff Chris Pratt (even though Baby Groot is the real MVP). If you’re in need of more Marvel, CHris Pratt in space again, and watching aliens fight then get out and see it.
- Snatched starring Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn premiers Thursday May 11. It’s a mother and daughter trip gone wrong is sure to make you laugh! Ever wonder what you’d do if you got snatched? Well, have no fear, because Amy and Goldie will show you how to get back home.
- Everything, Everything premieres on Friday May 19 and is set to be the teen romance film of the summer and sure to make you say “aww” as you watch two neighbors fall in love. Heartthrob Nick J. Robinson from Kings of Summer and Amandla Stenberg of The Hunger Games star opposite one another as Stenberg plays the role of a girl whose illness keeps her from going outside. Watch as these two fall in love and take an adventure…outside.
- Baywatch kicks off Memorial Day weekend on Thursday May 25 with the intent to send you reeling towards the beach. With a dynamic cast featuring Zac Efron, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Priyanka Chopra in tow it’s sure to bring back some nostalgia and the color red.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is coming ashore on Friday May 26 and its reeling in more than just Sparrow and Barbossa. Orlando Bloom is returning as Will Turner and Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann after not participating in the fourth installment of the franchise. With both of them back aboard the Black Pearl, the film will be a must-see this May!
ANTICIPATED ALBUM RELEASES
This May there is no shortage of unique and exciting album releases to kick off the summer music streak. Here’s just a peak at 5 of the albums set to hit the scene, click the link to purchase the albums on iTunes.
- May 5: Mac DeMarco’s This Old Dog
- May 12: Paramore’s After Laughter
- May 12: Harry Styles debut solo album Harry Styles
- May 19: Misterwives’ Connect the Dots
- May 19: Roger Waters Is This the Life We Really Want?
It sure looks like this May is going to be full of fun times and sunshine. Hopefully each of these lists have left you with something to look forward to and plenty of things to do this month!