This week is the fifth annual Bronzeville Week in the Harambee neighborhood, and you can get to know the historic district of Milwaukee through a series of diverse events.
The week kicked off on Saturday with the Bronzeville Arts and Culture Festival held on North Ave. between Dr. Martin Luther King Drive and N. 7th St. The street fair offered free musical entertainment, food and kids activities.
And every day this week, there’s something unique to do in the neighborhood, with many of the days offering multiple events.
See the full lineup below.
Click the player to hear Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs talk about the neighborhood’s past and the reason she started Bronzeville Week.
Monday, Aug. 7
- Bronzeville Historical Conversation: The Role of Art in the Fight for Social Justice, Milwaukee Urban League, 5 – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 8
- Bronzeville Cash Mob, Birdsong Distribution, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- A Night In Bronzeville: And The Men Shall Also Gather…Presented by The Men, Gee Clippers, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 9
- Cool-Aid & Canvases, King Library, 12 p.m. & 2 p.m.
- Trolley Rides, Skybox Sports Bar & Grill, 12 p.m. & 5:30 p.m.
- Move The Crowd: Bronzeville, The Big Easy Resraurant, 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 10
- Paint-n-Sip, 4th Quarter Sports Bar & Grill, 6 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 11
- Bronzeville Business Breakfast, P3 Development Group, 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Bronzeville Battles, Skybox Sports Bar & Grill, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Bronzeville: Sleepover for Education, King Dr. & North Ave., 6 p.m. – 8 a.m. August 12
Saturday, Aug. 12
- Bronzeville Bike Ride, Reader’s Choice Book Store, 10 a.m.
- Bronzeville Black Food Truck Fest, Garfield Ave. between King Dr. & 2nd St., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Bronzeville Art Walk, along King Dr., 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Click here for a printable flyer with all events.