This probably goes without saying, but this week is a pretty big one for our nation.
Not only was Election Day this Tuesday, but we also celebrate those who have fought for our nation this Friday, Veteran’s Day.
And happening this week, UWM and the Veteran’s Chamber of Commerce are showing their appreciation through Milwaukee Veteran’s Week – a week dedicated to bringing together veterans and community members.
Holding events, discussions, memorial services and celebrations all leading up to Veteran’s Day, Milwaukee Veteran’s Week aims to thank our veterans as well as recognize and appreciate their impact in the community,
“We thought it was really important to bring together the whole community to showcase the contributions that veterans make to Milwaukee, as well as to give folks the opportunity to thank them for their service.”
Saul Newton, Founder of the Veteran’s Chamber of Commerce, was closely involved in planning Milwaukee Veterans Week. Not to mention, as an army veteran himself, he hopes this leads to a stronger bond between vets and the community.
“Providing folks the opportunity to meet with other veterans, people that have that same shared experience, really goes a long way in just bringing our community closer together.”
Not sure how to say “thank you” this Veteran’s Day? Here’s a great start:
MKE Veterans’ Week
- Honoring Veteran’s for Their Sacrifices – Panel Discussion
- New Berlin Library, 10am – 12pm
- Taking Command: Helping Your Business Perform to its Full Potential – Luncheon
- Milwaukee County Warm Memorial Center: 11am – 1pm
- Veteran’s Day Open House
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 9am – 3pm
- New Berlin School District Veterans Brunch
- Eisenhower Upper Gymnasium, 9am – 11am
- Franklin Veterans Day Commemoration Program
- Franklin Library, 11am- 1:30pm
- Veteran’s Appreciation and Craft Fair
- 18 West Sports Grille & Banquets, 11am – 12pm
- UW-Waukesha Veterans Day Celebration
- UW-Waukesha, 12pm – 1pm
- Mercury Marine Veterans Day program
- Mercury Marine, 12:30pm- 4pm