Position: Assistant Audio Producer – Community Stories
Job Type: Part-Time
Supervisor: Director of Content
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
— Mission Statement, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
BE A PART OF THE CHANGE
We love Milwaukee. Our city isn’t perfect. What city is? But we believe in Milwaukee – as it is today, and in its potential to become even better. And that’s why Radio Milwaukee exists. To be a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
We champion Milwaukee – our music, arts and culture, neighborhoods and community organizations. We celebrate diversity and encourage community engagement. We aspire to be a force that breaks down barriers and brings people together. We pursue our mission on the air, online and in the community.
Assistant Audio Producer will report directly to the Director of Content in developing weekly Community Stories. Primary duties include gathering, writing, editing, and producing feature audio pieces weekly, both for 88.9 FM and for RadioMilwaukee.org, in a variety of formats and lengths. As a key member of the Content team, the Assistant Audio Producer collaborates with all departments to forward Radio Milwaukee’s programming mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces weekly Community Stories for broadcast and online distribution
- Writes in-depth journalistic pieces for RadioMilwaukee.org to accompany audio stories
- Shoots and/or sources photos to accompany audio stories
- Actively pitches and researches content for own job function and for other members of editorial team
- Works with Director of Content on long-form projects and edits supplemental audio for website
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Multi-track audio production capabilities, focused on Pro Tools and Adobe Audition
- Ability to conduct prepared interviews on a wide variety of topics
- Conversational and relatable narration style
- The ability to paint audio pictures with words, music, and natural sound
- The ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understands the culture and community of Radio Milwaukee’s target market
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience with audio storytelling, such as radio, podcasting or broadcast media
- Experience with broadcast, blog, editorial and AP style writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred
To be considered please send cover letter, resume, and a demo of previous audio interviews, audio production or on-air work and salary requirements to email@example.com by May 17, 2019.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Radio Milwaukee is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.