Here’s your chance to experience all of what makes a non-commercial radio station run.
While you’ll be assigned to the Programming department, you’ll see Programming doesn’t exist in a vacuum. So, you’ll perform tasks for programming, promotions, production, engineering, traffic, operations and underwriting — and see how they all work together.
Unlike some at some other internships, your assignments won’t be “make work” — just to keep you busy. Your assignments are considered necessary to the function and success of Radio Milwaukee. Therefore, no assignment is optional and each must be completed in a thorough and timely manner.
Some examples of assignments:
- Studio Milwaukee Session pre- and post- production (these are live performances in our studio)
- General production duties pertaining to weekly specialty shows and features
- Website contributions and maintenance
- Data entry of contest information from concert and other promotions
- Assistance with outside promotions at events
- Assistance with development department mailings and fulfillment
- Assistance and participation in fund drives
- Practice and training for overnight on-air voice-tracked shifts
- Shadowing of each staff member for one day during internship period
You must be pursuing a Communications or Journalism degree and include three writing samples with your application.
If you have any questions about our internships, please email email@example.com.
To apply, click here to fill out the application