April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Sexual violence is a major issue in our community that needs to be addressed. In conjunction with Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Radio Milwaukee will be sharing Community Stories with experts in this complex field. We want to let you know up front that this page covers the difficult topic of sexual violence. We will also want to remind readers that you are not alone and 24/7 support is available locally at 414-219-5555.
Radio Milwaukee is sharing educational resources around sexual assault, including where to get help, dispelling harmful stereotypes and advancing community accountability.
Our mission demands that we be a resource. We are actively working with experts in the complex field to provide information on our airwaves and website on an ongoing basis.
Radio Milwaukee Interviews:
- Trauma Therapist Simmone Stovall Kilgore on sexual assault, 'You are not alone'
- ‘We believe you.’ TeamTeal365 supports sexual assault survivors throughout the year
Milwaukee area resources:
- Sojourner Family Peace Center, 619 W Walnut St, (414) 933-2722
- Aurora Healing & Advocacy Services, (414) 219-5555
- IMPACT 211, Community Information Line, dial 211
- Milwaukee Women's Center, 728 N. James Lovell St., (414) 671-6140
- Walker's Point Youth and Family Center (young adults 18-21), 2030 W. National Ave., (414) 647-8200
- City of Milwaukee
Transformative justice and community accountability: