While you wait for the other side projects from Justin Vernon, Bon Iver is hosting a remix competition. The band is releasing all the stems from their self-titled, sophomore release. The contest is partnership with Spotify and Indaba Music.
Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project is a call-to-arms remix contest, which is set to result in a complete fan-inspired recreation of the band's critically acclaimed and most recent album through the art of remixing. Sponsored exclusively by renowned music-streaming service, Spotify, Bon Iver has released all ten of the album's song's individual audio stems and is hosting a remix contest for each right here on Indaba Music. The best remix for each song will be selected by Bon Iver constituents in the end, assembled as a complete album and released exclusively on Spotify for the world to hear.
Each of the album’s ten songs will have its own contest, and the resulting remixes will be up for public voting through the music-based social networking site Indaba Music. Bon Iver, with public voting results in hand, will decide the final winners. Those ten remixes will then be assembled as a complete album and released elusively on music-streaming site Spotify for the world to hear.
Here are the instructions:
How to participate in Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project:
1. Visit the Bon Iver, Bon Iver Stems Project remix page at Indaba Music.
1. Create a free Indaba Music membership.
2. Select a song(s) and download the stems.
3. Remixers will have from 08/01 to 08/29 to complete their remixes and upload them for consideration.
4. Voting begins on 08/30 through Bon Iver, Spotify, and Indaba Music’s websites and social networks via Facebook (one vote per account).
5. Winners will be announced the around the third week of September, each earning a spot for their remix on the official Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project remix album on Spotify and a $1,000 cash prize.