Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show.
I had such an amazing time opening for Two Friends, Vic Mensa, Wavie Gang and Lex Allen at Summerfest last week. After all was said and done, I needed to come down from my musical high and vibe with our listeners for Saturday's show. I love that "In The Mix" and 88Nine Radio Milwaukee gives me this platform to share great electronic music. If you want to do the same, simply go to https://www.radiomilwaukee.org/themix and learn where and what you can do to submit your very own 30 or 60 minute radio ready DJ set.
Tune in this weekend for more new music and special guest Ronco.
Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show. This week we welcomed Two Friends.
Choosing the music for Saturday's mix became a difficult challenge for me. I thought to myself, "How do I set up superstar duo, Two Friends!?" Turns out that after a good Puertorican meal and some rest, you don't need to think too hard about what to play. The music just flowed the way it always does. I started the set off with an M-22 remix of Ed Shereen's -- "Cross Me," worked in that brand new Yotto remix of Diplo & Tove Lo's -- "Win Win," and it was off to the races for another fabulous show!
There is no question that my special guest Saturday evening are a pair of good friends. Matt and Eli have been together in friendship for over 16 years. Finally settling in big city of Los Angeles at the age of 10, these TWO FRIENDS have been inseparable. Now, 26 years old Matt and Eli have forged a path as two of the premiere remixer/producers in the World. They have official remixes with Lana Del Rey, Tove Lo and The Chainsmokers to name a few. They have several original songs and their latest song "Dollar Menu" can be found on their website. Enjoy the new music and remixes by streaming or downloading below.
Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show. This week we welcomed Tommie Sunshine.
Not only was it fitting that Summer Solstice was upon, but to locking in Tommie Sunshine as my guest made all the sense in the world! Once Tommie gave me the thumbs up, it solidified that 'In The Mix' would not be the same moving forward. There were a few things that I realized, not only am I committed to giving the DJ community of Milwaukee a place to lay down beats, but that the city deserves to hear some of the top talent the World has to offer. With that said, I began my set with a bangin' track from Chocolate Puma & Carta called "Zhong" and moved into the acid infused heat from Monki called "Work It." The rest you can stream til your hearts desire.
Tommie Sunshine was my guest for 'In The Mix' on Saturday and he did not disappoint. The Illinois native and now New York City resident has been slanging beats for over 30 years and still going strong. Sunshine is an activist, songwriter and well established producer who's collaborated with the likes of Bart B More, Felix Da Housecat, Miss Kittin, The Ashton Shuffle and the list goes on! Tommie Sunshine is the host of the 2018 docuseries released on Netflix called "After the Raves." The series explores the past, present and future of electronic dance music (EDM) and dives into the characters lives to find a personal connection to this vastly growing global audience. Stream the show now or download it from the link below, ENJOY!
Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show. This week we welcome DJ Purple from Chicago.
Last Saturday's show started off with the disco house workings of turntablist, producer and juggernaut DJ, A-Trak. His new song "Work it Out" set the mood for a very fun even of new music and some catchy house vibes. DJ's, below is the full playlist of this set for you looking up pleasure! As we journey forward in the show we come across some very uplifting sounds from first timer, DJ Purple.
DJ Purple was our esteemed guest on "In the Mix" last Saturday. Known as the "Duke of House," Reginald Davenport AKA DJ Purple is a Chicago native and a conductor all things uplifting house music. He's been a DJ in the game we all call "House Music" for over 24 years and during that time DJ Purple has blessed many stages at venues all over the World and locally on 88.5FM in Chicago. We are so grateful that he took time from his study abroad schedule in Rome, Italy to drop off fresh house treats. Check out DJ Purple on Facebook!
Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show. This week we welcome DJ Shawna and ShayKenn.
It's Pride month, and cities across the globe are commemorating the events that took place against the LGBTQIA community in New York at the Historic Stonewall Inn 50 years ago. To help celebrate "Stonewall 50" on our airwaves, I enlisted two of my friends who are regulars at the world famous Milwaukee PrideFest on the Henry W. Meir Festival Park grounds.
DJ Shawna's relentless pursuit of equality, love and passion for ALL was a no brainer decision to have on my mix show, "In The Mix." Shawna headlined and threw down an awesome set for Thursday's PrideFest kickoff event with the amazing Lex Allen. Follow the awesome DJ, designer and motivator @djshawna on Instagram and make sure you #DareToBe. Enjoy the new music in the first half hour of my set, then JAM OUT to some PrideFest favorites in the second half of the mix with DJ SHAWNA!
ShayKenn impressed festival goers on Friday evening with his eclectic mix of electronic dance music. Not only did he rock the Dance Pavilion at Pridefest, but he won over some new fans in the process. His set for second hour of "In the Mix" may be the best set of 2019! Follow this local celebrity at @shaykenn_ on Instagram or Facebook .
Playlist - ShayKenn
Chasing Cars (Bonkers Edit) - Snow Patrol
Set Me Free - ARTY
Pompeii x How To Save a Life - Adam Kahati Mashup
Bum Bum Tam Tam (Christian Marchi & Luis Rodriguez Reload Bootleg) - Mc Fioti & J Balvin vs. Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash
Sweet Teenage Dream (DJ Allan Traveling DJs Mashup - Sigala x Katy Perry
Rapture (JD Live 2019 Bootleg) - Nadia Ali vs Avicii vs Don Diablo
I'm DJ Kenny Perez, and some of you may know me as DJ, producer and host of In The Mix on 88Nine Radio Milwaukee Saturday evenings from 10 p.m. to midnight. Most of you don't know that this past school year I had the distinct honor of mentoring and coaching some amazing students from the Reagan High School DJ Club.
The RHS Music Department and DJ Club is championed by Adam Murphy, Erica Breitbarth and of course the families who support every student in the club. This year we focused on several goals: learning important DJ skills, playing several events, and getting played mixes aired on the radio. We worked for two hours a week for the entire school year and the culmination of all that work can be heard on these fun mini mixes performed by four of our RHS DJ Club students. Enjoy their mixes by streaming or downloading them directly below.
Every Saturday evening we set the vibe from 10 p.m. to midnight as we mix up the hottest sounds from the electronic dance music scene. In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez prides itself on bringing to the forefront some of Milwaukee's most talented DJs and producers as guests on the show. This week, we welcomed one of our biggest guests ever: Bad Boy Bill.
Memorial Day weekend started off with new music from Bart B More, Monki, Oliver Wade and more. Although the first hour was amazing and probably my wildest set to date on "In The Mix," it wasn't about me, it was about the MAN himself: Bad Boy Bill.
I could write all day about what our guest has meant to house music, but I am going to keep it short and sweet, because you have to listen to this whole show to feel what I am really talking about! I remember around 1990-91 when I attended a high school not to far from the neighborhood this very station sits, South Division. During lunch, my friend Red Rodriguez at the time hands me a mixtape that reads B96, mind you I was aware of house music coming from the East Coast. But I had never heard this music put together with such passion, with such aggression and accuracy.
Needless to say, Bad Boy Bill was one of those mix masters on that very cassette that touched my soul and made me want to jump into DJing head first. Bad Boy Bill is the golden standard of what DJs today should aspire to be. No gimmicks, no costume, all talent! Today BBB continues to create, travel and as always DJ with a brand that transcends. Find all things Bad Boy Bill at www.badboybill.com and even check his Behind The Decks mix series.
1. Bad Boy Bill & Nick Rockwell - Oye Mami 2. Tommie Sunshine X Reebs - Get Dumber 3. Sage Armstrong, Steady Rock & Franklyn Watts - SFBF BBB Edit Gettoblaster & KE - Break Em Off 4. PAWSA - Back 2 Front (Acapella) 5. Mercer - Your love 6. Will Clarke - Break It To Me 7. Anti Up - Get That 8. Bad Boy Bill & Richard Vission - Bass In Yo Face 9. Tiësto - Grapevine (Carta Remix) 10. Fisher - You Little Beauty 11. Jack Back - It Happens Sometimes (OFFAIAH Remix) 12. Low Steppa - Heard It All Before 13. Gettoblaster & Spinstyles - Dat Booty 14. Childish Gambino - This Is America (Todd Terry & Louie Vega & Kenny Dope Remix) 15. Dillon Nathaniel vs DJ Assault - Riot vs Tear Club Up 16. Alex Peace - Jack It 17. OFFAIAH - Push Pull 18. GettoBlaster & DJ Funk - Get Dat Ass 19. Malaa - We Get Crunk 20. Mark Knight & Danny Howard - You Can Do It Baby 21. Will Clarke - 8 Bit 22. Chris Lake, Chris Lorenzo & Anti Up - Concentrate 23. Bad Boy Bill & Nick Risk - Feeling Faded 24. Shiba San - Crush That 25. Flash 89 - Hot Spell 26. Walker & Royce feat. Sophiegrophy - All For The Gram 26. Chris Lake & Green Velvet - Deceiver 27. DJ S.K.T - Get Up 28. Bad Boy Bill, Milty Evans & Brian Boncher - Funky Music
On this episode of In The Mix with DJ Kenny Perez we dive right in to the music with the 10-year anniversary track "I'm Not Alone" from Calvin Harris, remixed by CamelPhat. After that it was all uphill from there, with dark funky tones from Denis Horvast's latest, "Noise," featuring Lelah, and house vibes to make you groove from Block & Crown's Butterfly.
This was the first time I had ever had someone on like Prescott, AKA DJ Fuzzy Logic, on. Hell, the first time I met Fuzzy was at the Nomad World Pub during a night of Sound Travels with Marcus Doucette and DJ Avets. I was DJing and this cat was standing next to the booth chillin'. I said, "Hello, what's your name brotha?" This dude literally pointed to his sweater that said PRESCOTT and cheesed! I immediately thought, "I've got to have this DJ on the show."
In The Mix is dedicated to house music, techno, the electronic scene, but I had to make some room for his sound. Everything I felt from meeting him that Sunday is reflected in this set. Fuzzy Logic jumps from funk to mambo to drum 'n' bass and back again. It is truly a fun listen!
Enjoy the mixes and make sure to tune in this Saturday, Memorial Day weekend, because one of the baddest DJs on the planet, Bad Boy Bill, will be on In The Mix! 10 p.m. - 12 a.m. CST.
1. Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (CamelPhat Remix) 2. Denis Horvat - Noise ft. Lelah 3. Andrea Maggino, Marco Santoro - Disco Down 4. Block & Crown - Butterfly 5. Low Steppa - Your My Life 6. MGMT - Kids (Remix) 7. Shawn Christopher - You Can Make It (Alaia & Gallo Remix) 8. Alex Peace - Jack It 9. Lissat & Paul Jockey - Sambe De Baterias 10. Matroda - True G ft. BRUX 11. Bleach Baby - Turn Around 12. Duke Dumont, Shaun Ross - Red Light Green Light 13. Vintage Culture, Pimpo Gama - Yesterday 14. Robert Burian - Feel The Funk 15. Sultan + Shepard - Head Over Heels 16. Eddie Thoneick - Break Of Dawn
Hour 2 - DJ Fuzzy Logic
1. Milt Buckner - The Beast 2. Señor Coconut & His Orchestra - White Horse 3. Outkast - Hey Ya! (Daniel Crawford Edit) 4. Tommie Sunshine, The Partysquad - Alright (Tropkillaz Remix) 5. Eileen - Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher 6. Joe Bataan - Ordinary Guy (Jazzanova Re-Work) 7. Quadron ft Kendrick Lamar - Better Off 8. Bob Azzam - Rain, Rain Go Away 9. The Beatles - Come Together (Daniel Crwford Edit) 10. A-Ha - Take On Me (Kygo Remix) 11. Ella Mai - Boo'd Up (Fiesta Blend) 12. Brian Mcknight - On The Down Low 13. Era Istrefi - Bonbon 14. Temu - Sledgehammer 15. Aya Nakamura - Djadia 16. QSoul ft Tiztana - Island In The Stream 17. Kap G - A Day Without A Mexican 18. Zapp, Roger - More Bounce
DJ Roc from the South Side of Milwaukee delivered us a crazy live mix filled with elements of house, crossover and EDM. In this episode you can hear DJ Roc utilizing an element that electronic DJs rarely use during their sets—scratching! Roc has been playing all over the Midwest and can be found spinning at local spots like District, Lucid, Plum Lounge, Points View Boîte and so many more. Make sure you follow him on Instagram or Facebook.
DJ Kenny Perez
DJ Kenny Perez
1. Rubb Sound System - Big Bag
2. Lily Mckenzie & Team Salut - Surrender
3. Supertons - Spanish Dream
4. Bonvibe - Dwejra
5. Tenacious - Loopa
6. Mr. Belt & Wezol - One Thing
7. Cheat Codes & Daniel Blume - Who's Got Your Love
8. Born Dirty - Squeaky
9. Cedric Gervais & Just Kiddin ft Kyan - Good Things
10. KYANU - Random People
11.Sian & Will Clarke - You Only Want Me
12. JT Donaldson & Liv.e - Stay Inside
13. Qui Qui - Choas is Creativity
14. Habstrakt - Darkness
15. TV Nois & Dillon Francis - EDM O'Clock Mashup
16. Jack Back - Put Your Phone Down
17. Iannam - Body Move
18. Where it's ATT - The Calling
19. ErickaVee - My House
20. Jaded, Black Caviar, Anthony & Cleopatra - Slippin'
I kicked the show off with some dirty techno from a down to earth artist, Little By Little. From there we we just played a variety of house, techno and even jacked the night away. Saturday night was so much fun!
Then, back at it again was Ronco for the second hour of the evening. Ronco may be the only DJ dedicated playing garage house in the city of Milwaukee (PROVE ME WRONG, PLEASE!) it's always a special time when he hits the airwaves!
DJ Kenny Perez
1. Little By Little - Going Hard
2. Gawp & Gene Farris - Aphrodisiac
4. Oomloud - Braincrash
5. La Fuente - Pluck House
6. Brohug - Dust
7. Audiojack - Inside My Head
8. Supertons - Spanish Dream
10. Boston Bun - Better Together
11. Allen Stone - Warriors (Treasure Fingers Remix)
12. Mattei & Omich - Hold Me
13. Midnight City - Got 2 Be There
14. Roger Sanchez, Park & Sons - This Feeling (Low Steppa Remix)
15. DJ Sneak & DJ Pierre - Back Up Off the Wall
16. Huxley - Unison
1. Fallin’ (Cal & Happen’s Remix) - Sadie Ama
2. The Sunday Scene - Cal & Happen
3. Only One - TQD
4. To My Heart - TuffCulture
5. Desire (Scott & Nick Remix) - Years & Years
6. Closer - Flava D ft. Miss Fire
7. Pump It Up (Elliott Kay Terrace Dub) - Joe Budden
8. 1, 2 Step (Major Key Remix) - Ciara
9. Lush Life (Scott & Nick Remix) - Zara Larsson
10. Spirit (Soulecta Remix) - J Hus
11. Whistler - Flava D
12. Where Do You Top Off? (Ronco Bootleg) - Mark Hill X DJ Kaled, Jay Z, B
13. How Deep Is Your Love (Scott & Nick Remix) - Calvin Harris & Disciples
14. Give It 2 Me - Kobe JT
15. Feeling You (Scott & Nick Remix) - Sonny Fodera ft. Yasmin
16. Again (Scott & Nick Remix) - Georgia Box
17. Hold Me - TQD
18. Be Your Girl (Major Key Remix) - Teedra Moses
20. Diamonds (Major Key Remix) - Rihanna
21. Don’t Mess With My Man (Rude Jude Remix) - Lucy Pearl
22. One In A Million - Flava D
23. If U Want Me To - Cal & Happen
24. I Fall Apart (Marc Baigent & Element Z Remix) - Post Malone
25. Find My Way Home - Sammy Virji
26. In My Room (Scott & Nick Remix) - Yellow Clay & DJ Mustard ft. Ty
27. Dolla $ign & Tyga
28. Fake ID (Wittyboy Remix) - Riton & Kah-Lo
29. Wheels - Flava D
30. Enter The Dragon - Zero
31. Glow - Notion
32. Rumors - Wittyboy