Milwaukee’s concert scene has a lot going on, so we look at the shows coming up to find the ones you’ll look back on and be glad you went. Then we add them to our weekly Milwaukee Concert Picks.
Even with essentially everyone taking a day off Thursday, there’s absolutely no shortage of places to go or shows to see this holiday week and weekend.
If a rock show is what you’re craving to release some tension before you hit the road to travel (or sit at the table with prying relatives), X-Ray Arcade has you covered Tuesday night with California-based Covet. The trio’s rock vibe plays as “emotional nerd rock” blurring the lines of Midwest emo, instrumental rock, ambient, prog and beyond. It’s as good a balm for tension as it is inspiring.
Yvette Young’s guitar work is easy on the ears, shimmery and intricate — a nice play off the ever-changing drum patterns that new-to-the-band drummer Jessica Burdeaux creates. Covet also recently welcomed a new bassist, Brandon Dove, and you can check out their new lineup at X-Ray on Tuesday.
More shows worth a go
- Nov. 23: DJ DRiPSweat Danksgiving Dance Party @ Company Brewing, 10 p.m.
- Nov. 23: Nod to Bob: A Bob Dylan Tribute Fundraiser for Hunger Task Force @ Linneman’s, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 23: Charlie Parr @ The Back Room at Colectivo, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 25: ’Tis The Damn Season: A Taylor Swift Dance Party @ X-Ray Arcade, 8 p.m.
- Nov. 25: More-Friends-Giving ft. Spider Creek, $hun Million$, WillonWater, Adriennexash, Myndd_. @ Cactus Club, 9 p.m.
- Nov. 25: Daryl Hall @ The Riverside Theater, 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 25: Ryan Necci and the Buffalo Gospel @ The Back Room at Colectivo, 8 p.m.
Every day, our mission drives us to share more great music and stories. But it’s our members who fuel that mission. If you aren’t one yet, what are you waiting for? Become a member today!