Fever Marlene's Scott Starr channels New Order on his thumping new single
For this week's premiere, we've got the latest from Fever Marlene veteran Scott Starr, who describes his new song as if "Peter Gabriel produced The Postal Service covering New Order." You can stream and read about "In The Dark" below.
- This is the first track out of 10 that I'll be releasing on vinyl in fall.
- To those I've been bouncing tracks to for thoughts, collectively, the sounds seem to be described as if "Peter Gabriel produced The Postal Service covering New Order." A few of the upcoming songs really reflect the New Order / PG vibes.
- All instruments, recording, mixing is me. So no one else to blame I guess. Much of the record is being recorded on an old Teac 4 track 1/4 tape machine, transferred back digitally and heavily processed through lots of analog gear I've collected over the years. It's been an ongoing experiment of sorts. Lots of "committing"
- rolling with the good, bad, sometimes magical, or happily accidental sounds.
- Working on putting a band together for a few shows in fall ( Depending on... the world.)