San Francisco house master Claude VonStroke’s music and style is the focus of this week’s episode.
I became familiar with Claude VonStroke in the mid 2000s. His “Urban Animal” was one of my favorite electronic albums of 2013.
Also known by his government name Barclay Crenshaw, he is one of the one of the most well-respected label owners and DJs in dance music. He runs the San Francisco-based Dirtybird and Mothership record labels.
1. Claude VonStroke – The Greasy Beat feat. Bootsy Collins
Segment A ( The Claude VonStroke Mix )
1. Eye I Eye
2. The Clapping Track
3. Can’t Wait
4. Lay It Down
1. Atom E – Thank You (Original Mix)
2. Thee Mike B – Pun Intended
3. Casmiere and Gene Farris – O Darlin (Destroyer Edit)
4. Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You (BladeRunners EDIT)
5. Daft Punk – One More Time (95 Royale Remix)
1. Donae’o Ft Carnao Beats – Gone In The Morning (Tough Love Remix)
2. Inner City – BIG Fun (Full Intention 88 Remix)
3. Sugar Hill – Feeling For You (Original Mix)