- This event has passed.
Diverse Menu and Auctions Part of Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show
August 21, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm$40 – $50.
In addition to a fashion show combining the newest looks in clothing with fashionable products for the home, the 12th annual “Refashion for Life” charity event on Wed.,
Aug. 21, benefitting CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House and sponsored by Callen Construction, Inc., will feature a voice and silent auction comprised of a wide assortment of items, including:
• Pair of tickets to the taping of “Kelly & Ryan” in New York with a $500 airline travel voucher.
• A half-barrel, $500 in appetizers, and use of the O’Donoghue’s Irish Pub party room for up to 50 people.
• Two night stay in a Deluxe Guestroom at The American Club and $1,000 in Kohler gift cards.
• Hot Air Balloon Adventure Package from Wind Dancer Balloon Promotions, which includes a flight for two with a champagne toast, flight certificate, and photos from the flight.
• Family activities, including Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, Clear Water Outdoor, Discovery World Museum, Experimental Aircraft Association, Float Milwaukee, Kids in Motion, Milwaukee County Zoo, and the John G. Shedd Aquarium.
• Restaurant certificates, including Bartolotta Restaurant Group, Bonefish Grill, Breadsmith, Café Lulu, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Matty’s Bar and Grille & Catering, The Mineshaft, Oscar’s Frozen Custard, The Ruby Tap, Saz’s, and The Union House.
• Entertainment tickets, including for the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex, Escape MKE , Florentine Opera Company, Germanfest, Harley-Davidson Museum, Lake Geneva Cruise Line, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, Milwaukee Art Museum, Summerfest, and the Wisconsin Philharmonic.
• Hotel/Resort packages, including DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown and The Victorian Resort and Bed & Breakfast.
• Sports packages, including Green Bay Packers collectibles, Milwaukee Admirals, Milwaukee Brewers and Elkhart Lakes Road America tickets, golf at Broadlands Golf Club, Fox Hills Resort, and Morningstar Golfers Club, and tickets for AdventureRock, Lasertag Adventure, Devil’s Head Resort, Nordic Mountain, Pump it Up, and Sky Zone.
Those interested in donating an item for the auction are asked to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to make a donation.
In addition, Saz’s Catering will provide an extensive small plate appetizer and dessert menu, including caprese skewers, chicken potstickers, baby back riblets, smoked chicken wings, vegetable shao mai, bacon wrapped medjool dates, mini crab cakes, mozzarella marinara, cheese curds, fresh fruit, grilled summer vegetables, cheese & charcuterie boards, petite éclairs, brownies, and cheesecakes.
Refashion for Life features a fashion show combining the newest looks in early and late fall apparel with fashionable products for the home including countertop material samples, cabinetry, Infinity® from Marvin fiberglass replacement windows, Kohler plumbing fixtures, and an array of tile selections. This year’s fashion show will have apparel themes related to active, evening, outer, and weekend/vacation wear.
In addition to the runway show, there will also be a wine raffle as well as silent and voice auctions featuring entertainment and sporting event tickets, boutique certificates, and more. Saz’s Catering will provide small plate appetizers and desserts, with music by the Mr. Lucky Light Syndicate.
Fashion show participants include Edie, Influence Apparel, Richard Bennett Tailors, Shoo, and SHOP in Shorewood.
Through Aug. 20, tickets are $40 and are on sale at www.refashionforlife.com. Tickets sold the day of the event will be $50. Event parking and free shuttle service is at Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church, S66 W14325 Janesville Rd., (just west of Callen’s Muskego showroom).
Since its inception in 2008, Refashion for Life has generated proceeds of more than $237,000, which support the programs offered by CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House in Wauwatosa. Elena’s House provides physical, spiritual, and emotional support to people living with HIV/AIDS. Offering a holistic ministry that is both personal and communal, Elena’s House is a home for four to five people that wish to reside in a safe and supportive living environment. CommonGround Ministry is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization funded through the contributions of individuals, organizations, and foundations.
In addition to helping to cover the costs of day-to-day activities and medical needs for the residents at Elena’s House, the money raised through Refashion for Life has also enabled CommonGround Ministry to purchase and install a chair lift to assist residents in getting to and from the lower level, secure a 10-passenger van, purchase new furniture and home essentials, participate in a retreat for residents and staff, and provide assistance to clients when they are transitioning back to independent living.
For more information, call 414-453-3890, email email@example.com, or visit www.refashionforlife.com and facebook.com/RefashionForLife.