- This event has passed.
Virtual Gallery Talks LIVE from the Harley-Davidson Museum
December 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until December 17, 2020
The Harley-Davidson Museum is pleased to introduce a new offering to its menu of unique experiences: Virtual Gallery Talks are ideal for enthusiasts who might be a world away from Milwaukee or those who are hoping to take a deep dive into Harley-Davidson history from the comfort of their home.
Each Gallery Talk topic covers an integral chapter in Harley-Davidson’s story. Guests will enjoy a captivating and in-depth look at the Motor Company’s ties to the U.S. military, our dominance on the “Wrecking Crew,” the humble beginnings of the world’s most iconic brand, and more.
Get an up-close view of artifacts, check out historical footage pulled from our massive archives collection and connect with our team of H-D experts who will host a Q&A during each session. While the H-D Museum opens its doors to visitors from all over the globe, these Virtual Gallery Talks provide another way to bring adventure into your home.
Featured Gallery: The Shed & Serial No. 1 (December 3 @ 7PM CST)
• What makes the first Harley-Davidson special?
• The story behind H-D’s “first factory,” including its size
• The first patents and engineering drawings from the Motor Company
• Examples of advertising and sales materials and innovative dealers around the globe
Featured Gallery: Riding with Uncle Sam (December 10 @ 7PM CST)
• How Harley-Davidson® motorcycles were used in WWI and WWII
• What’s special about the WLA, the “bike that won the war”
• Growth and innovation during this time
• Design changes made to support the military, and how these bikes sparked the flame for custom culture
Featured Gallery: Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday (December 17 @ 7PM CST)
• What is board track racing?
• Factory Race team and awards
• Examples of promotions and advertising at that time
• Apparel worn for racing
Virtual Gallery Talk Tips:
• Choose the date and topic you want to join and complete your online registration.
• Four hours prior to the Gallery Talk, you will receive an email with an URL link.
• You have an option to open the Adobe Connect Room via your web browser (or for a higher-definition experience, please consider downloading the Adobe Connect App. Please allow time to download and plan to log in early).
• Utilize the chat feature to type in your questions for an interactive experience!
Please note: These presentations have been tested and should work on most common devices, browsers and operating systems (using a desktop computer with Windows or Mac). Please let us know what you think and how the experience can be improved. Send your feedback to Tickets@H-DMuseum.com.