Position: Production Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
Supervisor: Program Director
The Production Manager directs the sound of HYFIN, the Urban Alternative product, by working with the Program Director, Development and Marketing teams to create sweepers, promos, station IDs and branding that defines the sound of WYMS HD2.
Demonstrates the ability to produce professional quality audio, meet deadlines, manage inventory and exercise quality decision-making skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct operations relating to imaging and creative production work
- Manage promotional inventory across platforms, including recurring promos for specialty shows and weekly events
- Design and execute in-house image production, including but not limited to: writing, producing, dubbing, voicing, and archiving of station imaging elements per the direction of the station Program Director.
- Write copy that meets the needs of underwriter or department assigning the copy
- Operate mixing console, microphones, Pro Tools, Abelton Live, Adobe Audition programs, and all other studio recording and production equipment, software, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent audio production skills, with knowledge of the latest production technology, techniques, and styles.
- The ability to work quickly and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to take direction from Station Director, Traffic Manager, Market Manager or other station Director, and then appropriately adjust performance or behavior as directed.
- Understands the culture and community of Radio Milwaukee’s target market.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years experience in broadcasting as an On-Air Personality operating audio equipment for both live and automated broadcasts.
- Minimum of two years experience in voicing and producing audio.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach or grasp with hands and arms, including overhead and from floor to waist; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop or kneel; lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds; and operate a motor vehicle.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to read from a computer or electronic device, and the vision required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions during work-related travel.
Radio Milwaukee is a Fun Place to Work!
Work in our creative Walker’s Point office that includes a full kitchen, green roof/deck and performance space. We are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with a minimum of 3 days per week in the office.
Benefits at Radio Milwaukee
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: three weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal paid time off, medical/dental/vision and a great matching 401K. Benefits are available after an introductory period.
Radio Milwaukee has made full COVID-19 vaccination a condition of employment. This decision follows guidance from medical experts, in concert with our values and decision-making criteria, and comes with the support of the Radio Milwaukee Board of Directors. All Radio Milwaukee employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Send the following: cover letter, references, resume, work samples and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer