On-Air Host / Content Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Senior Director of Programming
An On-Air Personality represents 88Nine's voice in the community. This person introduces programs and music, reads promotional copy and public service announcements, contributes to station social-media initiatives, and is involved in the overall public presentation of the station. The On-Air Personality’s objective is to maximize audience acceptance and ratings by effectively projecting the station’s desired on-air image. The On-Air Personality will perform assigned responsibilities in a professional manner and work as an effective team member while following the station format, company policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and FCC rules and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed appropriate.
- Host live four-hour weekday shift on 88Nine
- Lead creation of social-media posts/reels for 88Nine
- Produce editorial and digital content for 88Nine
- Fill in for other full-time shifts as needed
- Voice station promos, liners and IDs
- Participate in weekly music meetings
- DJ and host Radio Milwaukee events
- Participate in on-air fund drives and special broadcasts
- Represent 88Nine and Radio Milwaukee at partner events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with automated radio broadcasting software (ENCO, Selector, Music Master, Zetta, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction from Program Director, Operations Manager, Marketing Manager or other company manager, and then appropriately adjust performance or behavior as directed
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure
- Understanding of the culture and community of Radio Milwaukee’s target market
Education & Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in broadcasting as an On-Air Personality operating audio equipment for both live and automated broadcasts
- Minimum of two years’ experience in voicing and producing audio
- Live DJ and event hosting experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Send a cover letter, references, resume, salary requirements and audio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.