Radio Milwaukee Account Executive
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Underwriting & Partnerships
The Account Executive is a full-time media sales position responsible for selling Radio Milwaukee sponsorship packages and digital media to secure financial support for our mission. In this sales role, you will identify and reach out to decision-makers at local businesses and nonprofits, meet with them to understand their marketing needs, and develop and present proposals that offer solutions to those partner needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate.
- Actively cultivate, establish and maintain relationships with potential and current business and nonprofit partners.
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual sales goals, both individually and as part of the underwriting sales team and larger development team.
- Conduct in-person and virtual meetings with partners and prospects.
- Collaborate with potential and current partners to assess needs and customize proposals that meet those needs.
- Become a trusted advisor to underwriting partners on marketing, public media and Radio Milwaukee, including a deep understanding of station offerings such as podcasts, streaming and digital.
- Write on-air copy for partners in adherence to FCC and station guidelines (under advisement of Traffic Manager and Underwriting Sales Manager).
- Follow established processes to facilitate accurate broadcast scheduling and airing, including order entry into the broadcast traffic system and meeting copy deadlines.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of client interactions in our CRM.
- Prepare recaps of past underwriting campaigns when requested by partners.
- Work collaboratively across departments to strategize and build support for more than 20 segments, programs and podcasts.
- Adhere to station payment and collection procedures.
- Engage with Radio Milwaukee listeners, members, funders and community leaders at station and community events to build and strengthen the sales relationship network.
- Assist with additional departmental duties as requested by the Director of Underwriting & Partnerships.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build relationships with a variety of people.
- Project an outgoing, confident, persuasive demeanor to cultivate rapport and trust.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently without close supervision.
- Willingness to collaborate as a member of departmental and organizational teams.
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the Metro Milwaukee area for various meetings and fundraising efforts.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- Computer proficiency, with the ability and willingness to learn new platforms. Experience with Word, Google Meet/Zoom, Monday.com, CRMs, Marketron and Scarborough a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of FCC rules for non-commercial radio a plus.
Education and experience
- Sales experience with knowledge of sales and marketing techniques for prospecting, cultivating and maintaining accounts strongly preferred. History of building relationships in the local community. Broadcast or digital media sales experience preferred.
- High-school diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mass communication, business or related field preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach or grasp with hands and arms, including overhead and from floor to waist; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop or kneel; lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to read from a computer or electronic device, and the vision required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions during work-related travel.
Our creative Walker’s Point office includes a full kitchen, green roof/deck and performance space. We currently operate on a hybrid schedule, with a minimum of three days per week in the office.
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: three weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal paid time off, medical/dental/vision and a great matching 401K. Benefits are available after an introductory period. This position offers a generous base salary plus commission.
Send a cover letter, references, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.