SoundBites 2020 Details:
Thursday, Feb. 6 | 6:30 – 10 p.m.
The Ivy House |906 S. Barclay Street
Tickets – https://SoundBites.funraise.org
Put your headphones on and dive into the perfect pairing of sounds and bites prepared by top Milwaukee Chefs and curated by your own 88Nine DJs. Graze through tasting/listening stations, learn more about the inspiration from the curators themselves. The 12 restaurant pairings include:
- Anytime Arepa is known for their Venezuelan Arepas but they also sell empanadas and other authentic food from their country. Macrus Doucette, midday host and host of “Sound Travels,” will pair his love for global music with a an authentic Arepa.
- Birch + Butcher, located off of Water street on the Lower East Side, uses both primitive and modern cooking styles; searing, roasting, grilling and smoking in Milwaukee’s only open-fire hearth. Tarik Moody, Radio Milwaukee’s top chef and rhythm lab radio host, will be pairing up with Birch + Butcher to give you the ultimate sensory experience.
- Brandywine, located in the heart of Cedarburg, about a 25-30 minute drive from Milwaukee, is family-owned and operated, locally sourced and seasonally inspired. Brandywine will be pairing their dish with a song curated by Justin Barney, Music Director and host of “5 Songs We Can’t Stop Listening To.”
- Buckatabon is so new it hasn’t opened yet! This Lowlands Group restaurant will be in the old Café Bavaria space and will focus on Wisconsin. Sarah Fierek, weekend host, is excited to try their food and pair a song for the ultimate supper club feel.
- Lake Park Bistro is a classic date spot in Milwaukee, serving upscale French fare. SoundBites won’t offer the regular Lake Michigan views to go alongside their dish but weekend host, Kat Froehlich, will pair a song that brings you just as much bliss.
- Ayisha Jaffer, Radio Milwaukee’s newest DJ and host of “Ayisha does stuff,” is excited to work with another French inspired restaurant, Fauntleroy. Relatively new to Milwaukee, Fauntleroy provides reimagined French cuisine with 70s Rock and Roll flair.
- Located in the village of Tosa, Firefly provides a lively, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Their inventive and fresh food will be paired with a song from Nate Imig, evening host.
- What would the event be without dessert? Hatched MKE will be providing fruit hand pies, just like your grandma. Stay tuned for a special dessert pairing!
- Did someone say vegan? Yes, SoundBites will have a vegan option this year! Maya Ophelia’s is an all vegan, from-scratch food business, specializing in Latin and Filipino inspired everyday comfort foods. Resident 88Nine vegan Amelinda Burich will use her experience writing, recording and performing music to pair the perfect song with their bites.
- Kevin Sloan, Executive Chef of the Pabst Theater Group, normally fuels performers so you can enjoy their top notch performances. At SoundBites he will be giving you a taste of his organic, locally grown dishes with a nod to Milwaukee’s Old World Cuisine. Completing the dish will be Dori Zori, the lady who brightens up your morning commute.
- Kenny Perez, host of “In The Mix,” will be mixing the hottest electronic dance music sounds with Screaming Tuna, casual Asian-fusion bistro. Located on the riverfront in Walker’s Point, Screaming Tuna offers sushi, seafood and skyline vies.
- Uncle Wolfie’s, a lively new breakfast tavern in Brewer’s Hill, is a family-owned spot featuring breakfast, lunch, coffee and cocktails. Jordan Lee loves their breakfast potatoes and is pumped to find the right song to bring out the notes of their food
Thursday, Feb. 6 will be a food and music lovers dream! We cannot to experience it with you.