At our 10th birthday celebration Sunday, we unveiled plans for a series of special events and new programming throughout 2017 to mark our first decade and highlight Milwaukee music and community including a free block party to take place on June 24. We will be celebrating our 10th year on air all year long.
We will also launch a special microsite that will have more details on the block party and more. In the meantime, you can sign up for our newsletter, to get more details.
Read more below.
During on-air celebration this past Sunday, we announced several events, new programming and more this year to commemorate 10 years on the air:
- An all-day free street concert outside its studios on June 24, with a mix of national and local acts to be announced.
- Unveiling on April 14 (“414 Day”) a new feature to connect Milwaukee music to listeners everywhere.
- Launching a new narrative audio and video series, “In The Wings: Bringing Our Community to Center Stage,” that each month this year will highlight the positive work of Milwaukee individuals in a variety of categories, starting March 1 with the city’s food culture.
- Beginning a weeknight show, “88Nine After Nine,” hosted by DJ Tarik Moody. It will be a different side of 88Nine, where Tarik will expose new artists and sounds as well as dig deep for classic sounds from a variety of genres like electronic music, R&B, hip-hop and more.
- A new weekly show called “Listener Approved,” which begins Friday, March 5. Show host and Music Director Justin Barney will unveil a top-ten countdown of the station’s best songs as selected by listeners.
- A benefit gala dinner on June 22 honoring station donors and founders, including co-founder, philanthropist and musician Peter Buffett.