What: Bucks Groundbreaking and Second Annual Bucks Block Party
Where: Groundbreaking on the corner of Fourth Street & Juneau Ave., block party extending north on Fourth Street and east on Juneau
When: Saturday, June 18 11am-4pm
The transformation of downtown Milwaukee will officially begin on Saturday, June 18.
Construction on the new Milwaukee Bucks arena will break ground with a Bucks Block Party and Groundbreaking event to include ceremony, music acts, food vendors and games among current and previous Bucks players.
See the lineup of Bucks players, music acts and elected officials below:
Wait for Morning
Current and former Bucks players in attendance to include:
Bucks owners Wes Edens, Marc Lasry, Jamie Dinan and Mike Fascitelli, former owner Herb Kohl along with Governor Scott Walker, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele will also be in attendance for the groundbreaking.
· Opportunity to sign the first foundation pile that will be placed for the new area and the chance to get photographs on the groundbreaking site with past and present Bucks players
· Food and beverage provided by local food trucks, Davians Catering and vendors from Old World Third Street businesses
· Showcase of local Bronzeville artists
· Interactive games including a Bucks Sport Court, rock climbing wall and children’s area
· Appearances by Bango, the Milwaukee Bucks Dancers, Rim Rockers, Hoop Troop, Bucks Beats, Bucks Grand Dancers and Young Bucks