Updated Aug. 11, by Nate Imig.
We are excited to welcome to the city Bublr Bikes, a new Milwaukee-based bike share program! It was announced today at a news conference that in just a few short weeks, the public will be able to rent bicycles from automated kiosks from stations around the city for as little as $7 a day.
Initially there will be 10 stations to use:
- Cathedral Square Park (N. Jefferson & E. Wells St.)
- Chase Plaza (N. Water St. & Wisconsin Ave.)
- Discovery World (500 N. Harbor Dr.)
- 411 East Wisconsin Center (411 E. Wisconsin Ave.)
- Milwaukee Intermodal Station (433 W. Saint Paul Ave.)
- Milwaukee Public Market (400 N. Water St.)
- Red Arrow Park (N. Water & W. State St.)
- Schlitz Park (1555 N. Rivercenter Dr.)
- U.S. Bank Building (777 E. Wisconsin Ave.)
- The Wisconsin Center (400 W. Wisconsin Ave.)
The Milwaukee-based nonprofit Midwest BikeShare Inc. operates Bublr Bikes. The president and co-founder of Midwest BikeShare, Bruce Keyes, said an additional 25 to 35 stations with 200 to 300 bikes will be available next year.
The system expects to grow to 100 stations with 1,000 bicycles within a few years, reaching more neighborhoods as funding becomes available.
Midwest BikeShare co-founder Barry Mainwood said stations are planned for Shorewood, Wauwatosa, and West Allis, which will make the system a regional asset.
Find out more about this exciting new way to explore Milwaukee by clicking here!