On this week's edition of Urban Spelunking, OnMilwaukee.com Managing Editor Bobby Tanzilo tells us about his visit to a downtown church that has a few skeletons in the closest.
Well, figurative skeletons… in the basement. At least we hope they're figurative.
St. James Episcopal Church was built in 1867 at 8th and Wisconsin atop what was once the old Spring Street Burial Ground. The human remains were relocated before construction began, but a few gravestones remain in the basement — with interesting stories to go along with them.
Click the podcast player to hear our interview with Tanzilo, and follow this link read the story in its entirety.