Today, the James Beard Awards also known as the Oscars of the culinary world announced the semifinalists for their 2018 awards. Four chefs from Milwaukee, one chef from Sheybogen and one from Madison were picked for Best Midwest Chef.
Madison’s L’Etoile is a semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurant and The Bartolotta group is a semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur.
Here are the Wisconsin semifinalists for Best Midwest Chef
- Karen Bell, Bavette La Boucherie, Milwaukee
- Justin Carlisle, Ardent, Milwaukee
- Thomas Hauck, c.1880, Milwaukee
- Jonny Hunter, Forequarter, Madison, WI
- Dan Jacobs and Dan Van Rite, EsterEv, Milwaukee
- Stefano Viglietti, Trattoria Stefano, Sheboygan, WI
The 2018 James Beard Awards Gala will take place on Monday, May 7, at the Lyric Opera of Chicago.