This week, we're talking about Ann's nostalgic summer food memories, dining along Historic Mitchell Street, Peach Week, Mai Tai Day, Malort Fest and more.
Stream the episode below.
In addition to sharing her summer food memories, Ann shared three restaurants where you travel back in time -- Nite Owl, Fred's Custard and Grill and Kenosha's Frank's Diner.
We also talked about places to dine along Historic Mitchell Street. We mentioned places like the Pakistani restaurant Anmol, the Indian-Pakistani grocery Sasta Bazaar, Lopez Bakery, Syrian restaurant Damascus Gate and more. You can check it out in full detail in the July edition of Milwaukee Magazine.
Then from July 8-14, Tree Ripe Citrus' Peach Week returns with some amazing events.
- July 9, 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., at SmallPie: Fresh peach sale and pie.
- July 10, 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.: Peach Dinner at The Diplomat: Come join us for a Georgia peach inspired dinner with Chef Dane Baldwin. Sweet, savory and boozy, he is incorporating peaches into everything. Reservations recommended.
- July 12, 5 - 8 p.m., at Maxie's: Peach inspired dishes and fresh peach samples
- July 13, 5 - 8 p.m., at Story Hill BKC: Fresh peaches, dishes, and pairings, oh my!
- July 13, 4-8 p.m., Peach Social at The Palomino: Come celebrate with an afternoon of fresh Georgia peaches, pork, barrel-aged cocktails, and pie! Peach pies from our Honeypie Cafe bakeshop kitchen, peach-soaked bourbon cocktails from the bar, peach ice cream, peach inspired side dishes, and of course, fresh Georgia peaches for sale from Tree-Ripe Fruit Co.
- July 14, 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Blue's Egg: Stop by to try-out peach themed breakfast and brunch items at the Milwaukee or Shorewood locations.
This Sunday is Mai Tai Day and Great Lakes Distillery got you covered. Visit their tasting room on Sunday and they will make you featuring Roaring Dan's Rum and Good Land Orange Liqueur. If you can't make it, they provided a recipe for you.
2 oz. Roaring Dan's Rum
3/4 oz. Good Land Orange Liqueur
3/4 oz Orgeat Syrup (Recipe Here)
3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Shake all ingredients together in a mixer with ice. Strain into a glass with fresh ice, garnish with an orange slice and serve with a straw. Note: Don't skip the Orgeat syrup -- this is what makes it a Mai Tai!
Finally, for those who like really 'flavorful' beverages, Ray's Growler Gallery is teaming up with Jeppson's for Malort Fest on July 27. There will be Malort-infused slushies and more.