In this week’s episode, we discussed Milwaukee Magazine’s summer grilling guide, a new vendor at Crossroads Collective, and return of Bartolotta and The Diplomat.
We talked about Milwaukee Magazine’s grilling issue, just in time for the Fourth of July and summer. Ann shared tips on cooking on gas and charcoal grills, where to buy the best meats for your grill and the popular grill known as the Green Egg.
New vendor at Crossroads Collective
A new restaurant opened earlier this week at Crossroads Collective by the name of Mina.
From the press release:
“Mina is a new concept from husband and wife team, Ryan Hoffman and Patrice Gentile. Mina brings to Milwaukee the Northern Italian aperitivo tradition.
Mina serves up classic flavors in an approachable way, with rotating small plates that include a variety of topped toasts, chickpea fritters with pesto, steamed clams with chorizo and cider, shaved fennel salad with orange and parsley, melon and burrata, lamb ragu and polenta, and more at Crossroads Collective’s newly reopened dining room and expansive patio. Curbside carry out is also available.”
- Face masks are required for both staff and restaurant patrons
- Reservations are required, will be held for 15 minutes, and there will be temperature checks upon entry of the restaurant
- Touchless payment options and QR codes to view menus on smartphones
- Custom-made safety partitions between tables and booths
- UV-C technology that “actively seeks and destroys” micro-organisms in the air and on hard surfaces
- “Meticulously and deliberately” cleaned tables within every new reservation
You can learn more over at Milwaukee Magazine.
Local restaurants and business demanding a mandatory mask rule
Several local restaurants and businesses wrote an open letter to Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett demanding he issues a mandatory mask rule. You can read the open letter here.