Click here for Terms & Conditions.
UPDATED: May 15, 2018
Personal data information
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may collect personal data information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, make a donation on our site and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Categories of Data Obtained Directly from User
88Nine Radio Milwaukee may obtain personal data from User including name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and payment card information. We collect this information when you:
- Register for an 88Nine Radio Milwaukee account on the Site, or any 88Nine Radio Milwaukee email newsletter.
- Email, text or otherwise share a story from any of the Services.
- Contact us for information or ask a question.
- Make a donation to 88Nine Radio Milwaukee or express interest in or request information about making donations.
- Post, upload, or otherwise submit a comment, story idea, essay, photo, or other content (“User Materials”) to 88Nine Radio Milwaukee.
- Register for an 88Nine Radio Milwaukee tour or event or any contest we sponsor.
- Apply for a job, internship or fellowship at 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
- Otherwise, volunteer information to us or respond to a request for information through any of our Services.
- If you choose to participate in a survey, we may ask you to provide your date of birth, gender, education level, information about your employment, income level and other information.
Non-personal data identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Categories of data obtained automatically via technology
Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically through technology, such as access logs, cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies, may include:
- Internet Protocol Address (IP address)
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting our Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, and their browser, operating system, settings and software.
- Unique device identifiers on your mobile device, including as applicable the Apple or Google advertising identifiers.
- Your approximate geographic location (derived from requested header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise location information if you have given 88Nine Radio Milwaukee consent to receive this information for an 88Nine Radio Milwaukee application on your mobile device.
- The dates, times, duration and frequency of your interactions with our Services, search terms, the media files you download, interact with or share, favorites you select, and your navigation path through our Services.
- Listening data, including information about your interactions with 88Nine Radio Milwaukee podcasts and other media files, such as time and date stamps for when a file is downloaded and when playback of a particular segment or sponsorship message starts, stops, is skipped or paused.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages.
- Any errors you encountered during your use of the Services.
Data not obtained directly from you
How we use collected information:
- 88Nine RadioMilwaukee may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Customize the sponsorship meessages you see and hear on our Services the User may use or visit.
- Offer you access to 88Nine Radio Milwaukee tours and events.
- Publish, broadcast or otherwise use User materials
- To personalize the User experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services. To process payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order or donation only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To prevent potentially prohibit or illegal activities, comply with applicable laws, and enforce or Terms of Conditions and other legal rights.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange like donation information between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalfs, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
88Nine Radio Milwaukee may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- With public authorities when required by law, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
- With social networking services, if you choose to share stories or other content with your friends and followers on the social networking service.
- With persons we contact on your behalf when you choose to email, text, or otherwise share a story or other content through the Services.
- With other parties if the information is anonymous and aggregate.
- With other parties if we have disclosed such sharing to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent.
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee authorized third-party applications to provide certain Services to you on the third-party applications.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your personal data is retained no longer than is reasonably necessary to perform the processing described in this Notice and in case of any legal claims or complaints, or as required by law.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Subject to exemptions under applicable law (which may include, depending on the circumstances, U.S. law protecting the rights to free speech and free press or EU law protecting the rights to freedom of expression or information, including processing for journalistic purposes), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To request a copy of your personal data which 88Nine Radio Milwaukee holds;
- To request that 88Nine Radio Milwaukee provide you access to and/or rectify personal data that is inaccurate or out of date;
- To request erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for 88Nine Radio Milwaukee to retain it;
- If you have consented to processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- To request a restriction on further processing where applicable;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may exercise these rights by contacting 88Nine Radio Milwaukee at email@example.com, providing the email address you used to register with 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, and stating your specific request in writing. 88Nine Radio Milwaukee reserves the right to verify your identity and confirm your right to the information. The following options are also available:
- For information on opt-out tools for sponsorship messages click here.
- To withdraw consent for collection of precise device location, you may access the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or the settings of the 88Nine Radio Milwaukee mobile application.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here for the Google Universal Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn more about how Google uses data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Because 88Nine Radio Milwaukee operates the Services from the US, your personal data may be transferred to the US and/or to countries or territories outside the EEA or Switzerland not recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection pursuant to the GDPR. Where required, data transfers will be made subject to the terms of the applicable EU Standard Contractual Clauses or with your consent. 88Nine Radio Milwaukee will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice in respect of such transfer.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
220 E. Pittsburgh Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53204
This document was last updated on May 30, 2018