Position: Promotions Specialist
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000
Supervisor: Director of Marketing & Communications
Radio Milwaukee’s Promotions Specialist will strive to build relationships with community partners, venues and organizations to support the reach, awareness and mission of Radio Milwaukee and its stations. The Promotions Specialist will be responsible for crafting proposals for event sponsorships, media trade, concerts promotions and more on behalf of Radio Milwaukee, 88Nine and HYFIN.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain existing relationships and grow new partnerships with Milwaukee-area organizations and nonprofits for event sponsorships.
- Meet with partners to understand upcoming plans and identify opportunities for Radio Milwaukee brand alignment.
- Write and negotiate sponsorship proposals.
- Execute on all aspects of proposals and ensure Radio Milwaukee receives all outlined exposure.
- In conjunction with 88Nine and HYFIN Program Directors, identify opportunities for Radio Milwaukee stations to align with artists and sponsor area concerts.
- Respond to proposal requests in a timely manner to maximize opportunities for Radio Milwaukee stations to align with concerts from the initial announcement through the day of the show.
- Write and negotiate concert proposals to maximize audience growth and engagement opportunities for 88Nine and HYFIN through on-air and online contests, meet-and-greets, soundchecks, etc.
- Execute on all aspects of proposals and ensure 88Nine and HYFIN receive all outlined exposure.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Communications, grow and maintain annual media trade partnerships.
- Meet with partners to understand annual plans and identify opportunities for Radio Milwaukee brand alignment.
- Write and negotiate media trade proposals.
- Execute on all aspects of proposals and ensure Radio Milwaukee receives and maximizes all outlined exposure.
- In conjunction with the Community Engagement team, write and negotiate trade proposals for co-programmed or collaborative Radio Milwaukee events.
- Proactively and continuously identify opportunities for Radio Milwaukee to further its reach through partnership, sponsorship and trade.
- Manage and be an on-site brand representative at marketing events throughout the year, requiring occasional night and weekend availability.
- In conjunction with marketing team, plan on-site execution that aligns with the Radio Milwaukee brand and fulfills marketing objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, with preferred areas of study including marketing, public relations or other related field.
- Prior radio or nonprofit experienced preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience working in marketing, promotions or sponsorship.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. This position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.