Sexual violence is a major issue in our community that needs to be addressed. In conjunction with Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Radio Milwaukee will be sharing Community Stories with experts in this complex field. We want to let you know up front that this page covers the difficult topic of sexual violence. We will also want to remind readers that you are not alone and 24/7 support is available locally at 414-219-5555.
In line with our Community Standards, Radio Milwaukee is sharing educational resources around sexual assault, including where to get help, dispelling harmful stereotypes and advancing community accountability.
Our mission demands that we be a resource. We are actively working with experts in the complex field to provide information on our airwaves and website on an ongoing basis.
Milwaukee area resources:
- Sojourner Family Peace Center, 619 W Walnut St, (414) 276-1911
- IMPACT 211, Community Information Line, dial 211
- Milwaukee Women’s Center, 728 N. James Lovell St., (414) 671-6140
- Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services, 414-220-SAFE (7233)
- Walker’s Point Youth and Family Center (young adults 18-21), 2030 W. National Ave., (414) 647-8200
- City of Milwaukee
Transformative justice and community accountability:
- Transformative Justice, A Brief Description
- Transformative Justice Resource Compilation
- Getting Called Out: Why Acknowledging Oppression Matters More Than Your Hurt Feelings
- Thinking Through Perpetrator Accountability
- Community Accountability Fact Sheet
- 10 Strategies For Cultivating Community Accountability