Five YPWeek Milwaukee events you don’t want to miss
If you’re young, if you’re a professional, if you’re both, if you’re neither, YPWeek is for you!
Last year, YPWeek saw 25 cities across Wisconsin host over 200 events with 14,500 attendees. This year, 29 cities are collaborating on 200+ programs with the goal of reaching 15,000+ attendees!
Keep scrolling for five can’t-miss events during YPWeek Milwaukee 2018.
- Bands and (Cold) Brews – Monday, April 23, 7:30-9 a.m. Kick off your week with a hot (or cold) cup of Pilcrow coffee and some live music courtesy of Milwaukee’s own Abby Jeanne.
- Becoming a (Boss) Lady – Monday, April 23, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. After your morning of coffee and tunes, scoot on over to Northwestern Mutual for an inspired lunch with boss lady Megan Man, Group Creative Director at Learnvest. She’ll share words of wisdom on how she grew a design org from 6 to 60 in two and a half years.
- Laughing Lunch – Tuesday, April 24, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Laughing Taco, 4 comedians to make you laugh and a pretty cool space to hang out in (though we may be a little biased).
- Political Open Mic – Wednesday, April 25, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Dive deep into different aspects of Milwaukee’s education system – the highs and the lows. Hear from people on the left, right and center on their ideas for improvements. Good City Brewing is hosting so if things get dicey, there will be beer.
- Creative Mornings: Game – Friday, April 27, 8:30-10 a.m. If you’ve never been to Creative Mornings, what are you waiting for?! This monthly treasure puts the TG in TGIF. This month’s theme is “Game” and the CM team is bringing in game designer Peggy Brown.
This list is chronological and does not reflect an actual ranking of anticipated fun by the author.
Also, all of these are free events. There’s a lot more going on during YPWeek 2018, but some sessions ask you to pony up some coin. For a full list, click here.