88Nine is very proud to be a Community Partner for the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s Heart of Canal Street! We are pleased to support the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music’s Conservatory Connections program though our partnership with Heart of Canal Street!
CLICK HERE to see the recipients of the 2017 Heart of Canal Street!
Heart of Canal Street is Potawatomi’s signature charity program and has contributed nearly $17 million to hundreds of local children’s charities since it began in 1994. Each year, funds are generated through special Canal Street bingo games and other promotions.
2017’s program spotlights a Charity of Choice partner who receives the first $100,000 in Heart of Canal Street funding to impact change on a pressing community issue. This year’s Charity of Choice is Safe & Sound – who will use funding to expand its neighborhood place-making initiatives, inspired and implemented by youth citizens. Thirty additional charities will divide the remaining funds equally.
About Heart of Canal Street
- Heart of Canal Street began in 1994 as a way to carry on the Potawatomi tradition of nurturing younger generations so they grow to lead healthy, productive lives. The focus has always been on helping children.
- Heart of Canal Street is the signature charitable program of Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. It started when only a bingo hall existed and has grown steadily along with the expansion of the Casino.
How They Make it Happen
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino raises funds for Heart of Canal Street through special bingo games. The generosity of casino guests, vendors, media partners and team members has allowed the program to grow each year.
- The Canal Street Bingo game is played at every session from August to December. Half of the $3 or $7 purchase price goes into the Heart of Canal Street fund and half goes to the winner of that session’s Canal Street
What Heart of Canal Street Does
- Since its inception, Heart of Canal Street has raised nearly $17 million, helping hundreds of local children’s charities.
- Heart of Canal Street has made an impact on children in many ways. They have been fed, protected, entertained, mentored, received health services and have been inspired through the many agencies that have received Heart of Canal Street
- In 2017, Heart of Canal Street will contribute to 31 children’s charities from southeastern Wisconsin, including Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s Charity of Choice – Safe & Sound