Director of Underwriting and Partnerships
Position: Director of Underwriting and Partnerships
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Supervisor: Executive Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Underwriting and Partnerships is directly responsible for selling sponsorship packages and digital media to secure financial support for Radio Milwaukee, Inc. (88.9, HYFIN). Additionally, this position leads and enhances the sales team’s overall data and prospect management in support of Radio Milwaukee’s mission. Using strong management skills, this role will inspire the underwriting team to identify and solve client business challenges, deepen advertiser partnerships, manage the sales operations and set clear team goals. You’ll also partner closely with various departments to set and achieve organization-level objectives. This role is key in departmental change management and fostering a collaborative, motivated and accountable culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed appropriate.
- Oversee the strategy and solicitation of Radio Milwaukee’s diverse revenue streams to maximize support through underwriting partnerships and in-kind donations.
- Meet and exceed monthly/annual sales goals both individually and as part of the underwriting sales team.
- Effectively communicates with diverse corporate and philanthropic groups.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of philanthropic data input and data collection, and report comprehensive and strategic analysis.
- Conduct robust individual, corporate and foundation prospect research to develop strategies and assist in the growth of Underwriting annual revenue goals.
- Motivate and empower the Underwriting team, contributing to the execution of an annual plan and corresponding budget goal achievements.
- Maximize volunteer opportunities (Board) to grow revenue through individual, corporate and foundation support.
- Contribute to continued growth of organization through team development, participation in Senior Leadership Team meetings and participation in Board meetings as required.
- Advocate for and demonstrate effective cross-departmental communication to build a collaborative culture that is accountable, informed and collectively working toward Radio Milwaukee’s overall goals.
- Serve as a senior leader, role model and resource, reinforcing the organization’s mission and effectively motivating, delegating and empowering individual team members to maximize their strengths and achieve their full potential to the overall benefit of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with sales/underwriting applications using available data to perform comprehensive data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, serving as an attentive listener, articulate speaker and persuasive writer.
- Excellent strategic, organizational and project-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks, meet deadlines and multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to ask for monetary support and secure significant financial gifts.
- Ability to effectively present information and speak to groups of individuals, including employees, Board members and members of the public.
- Ability to work well independently in a team environment.
- Ability to provide clear direction and serve as an effective leader of a team of professionals.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, occasionally outside of regular business hours for special events and to support fundraising efforts.
- Ability to frequently travel throughout the organization’s service area for various meetings, special events and fundraising efforts.
- Ability to occasionally travel out of town for work-related events, conferences and training opportunities, including overnights and weekends.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in fundraising, philanthropic studies, data analytics, marketing, communications or a related field, plus five years of experience in business development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in progressively responsible managerial roles.
- Experience driving a sales team to achieve revenue goals.
- Experience supervising and managing a diverse team with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility and inspire, engage and motivate staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach or grasp with hands and arms, including overhead and from floor to waist; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop or kneel; lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds; and to operate a motor vehicle.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to read from a computer or electronic device, and the vision required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions during work-related travel.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by December 31, 2022.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.