KidCutUp will feel right at home for P!nk's AmFam Field concert
When they announced that P!nk's Summer Carnival Tour was coming to American Family Field on Aug. 14, a couple of things came to mind (besides knowing that it would be my concert pick for that week ... er, this week):
- I would get the chance to see P!nk for the third time in my life. Yes, I've been there since the beginning. Yes, that means I got to see her open for NSYNC in 2000.
- I would FINALLY get the chance to catch the homie KidCutUp play to 50,000+ right here in his hometown.
The man also known as Tim Zick has been P!nk's opening DJ since being discovered by her management in 2017, and I could only imagine what a feeling it'll be for him to play at the home of the Brewers next Monday. Luckily, I don't have to imagine anymore because I got the chance to speak with KidCutUp ahead of the show.
You can use the player at the top of the page or the video below to hear our conversation about his humble beginnings, the nervousness that comes with performance and his DJ weapons of choice. Then, if you want to see him at work sharing his soul through the music he plays and connecting with 50,000 people at he same time, you still have time to score a spot at next Monday's show.
More shows worth a go
- Aug. 10: Paul Cherry and The Mattson 2 @ The Back Room, 8 p.m.
- Aug. 10: Scam Likely, Shoobie, The Nile Club @ The Cooperage, 7 p.m.
- Aug. 11: Triptides, In the Pines, Tidal @ Cactus Club, 9:30 p.m.
- Aug. 12: Spider Creek Live w/Cronies Only @ Cactus Club, 9:30 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Weatherday, Newgrounds Death Rugby, Scam Likely, Phasing @ X-Ray Arcade, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 15: Jimmy Eat World, Manchester Orchestra @ The Rave, 7 p.m.