Deorro lights up the Rave to lead this week’s live music
Milwaukee’s concert scene has a lot going on, so we look at the shows coming up to find the ones you’ll look back on and be glad you went. Then we add them to our weekly Milwaukee Concert Picks.
If anyone loves a good EDM show, it’s your resident on-air DJ and “In The Mix” host: me. And this Friday brings a good one to the Rave.
Deorro and a few of his friends promise to deliver a multitude of sounds — ranging from electronic to Latin — as the Tour De Orro hits Milwaukee. This California native has been a producer/DJ for well over a decade, helping create amazing tunes for labels such as DIM MAK and Mad Decent, to name a few.
(Fun fact: Local Milwaukee producer/DJ Chan’s original/remixes were supported by Deorro during his EDC performances, which you can watch around the 9:15 mark in the video below.)
Recently, he’s played major festivals like EDC Mexico 2022 in his family’s native country and EDC Las Vegas, as well as opened for Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti tour. If having Deorro wasn’t enough reason to come out and party, he added massively talented Ookay and REDTAPE to Saturday’s lineup.
More shows worth a go
- Oct. 5: Monophonics, GA-20, Kendra Morris @ Shank Hall, 8 p.m.
- Oct. 6: Hippo Campus, CHAI @ The Riverside Theater, 8 p.m.
- Oct. 6: FRIKO, Creeping Charlie, Diet Lite, Scam Likely @ Cactus Club, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 7-8: Flannel Fest Pre-Party and Flannel Fest @ The Cooperage, Boone & Crockett (check website for full lineup and times)
- Oct. 9: Peter Mulvey & SistaStrings @ Colectivo Back Room, 8 p.m.