Regional Mexican sound continues its global push at The Rave
Milwaukee’s concert scene has a lot going on, so we look at the shows coming up to find the ones you’ll look back on and be glad you went. Then we add them to our weekly Milwaukee Concert Picks.
This Saturday, July 29, The Rave welcomes California-based trio Eslabon Armado — a group that first grabbed my attention in 2020 with their album, Corta Venas, and their hit track featuring DannyLux, “Jugaste y Sufrí.”
Back then, my gut told me something serious was about to happen in music for those of us here in the United States. The new corridos tumbados sound was creeping its way into the mainstream, and when their collaboration with Peso Pluma came out this past March things got serious real quick.
Now lead singer Pedro Tovar’s music and voice sits on top of the charts with the likes of Bad Bunny, Drake, Taylor Swift and more.
If you’re like so many others out there who have hopped on the bandwagon, make sure you check out his new album, DESVELADO, along with so many talented regional Mexican acts like Peso Pluma, DannyLux, Natanael Cano, Yahritza Y Su Esencia and Grupo Firme. Then get to The Rave/Eagles Club this Saturday for Eslabon Armado’s show with El Malo and La Fractura.
More shows worth a go
- July 27: Hiahli, Cozy Danger, Dropbear Collective @ Anodyne, 8 p.m.
- July 28: Regina Spektor @ The Riverside Theater, 7 p.m.
- July 28: Cozy Danger, Blue Jets, Blind Hill @ Linneman’s, 8 p.m.
- July 28: Lake Drive, 5pm to Nowhere, The Mannequins @ Shank Hall, 8 p.m.
- Aug. 1: The Revivalists, Band of Horses @ The Riverside Theater, 7 p.m.
- Aug. 1: Paramore, Foals, The Linda Lindas @ Fiserv Forum, 7 p.m.