Radio Milwaukee is hiring a Web Editor
Position: Web Editor
Job Type: Full-time Non-exempt
Supervisor: Content Director
The Web Editor is a key member of the Content team and assists in planning, writing, editing and presenting content on RadioMilwaukee.org. This position is primarily responsible for driving engagement on RadioMilwaukee.org, with support from the Content team and other creators within the organization, ensuring the site is updated regularly with relevant content reflective of Radio Milwaukee’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed appropriate.
● Researches and pitches ideas for web content.
● Creates web content based on on-air programming and podcasts.
● Researches and writes additional stories for website to supplement recurring content.
● Proofreads, edits and checks content for accuracy, ensuring consistency with organizational standards and AP style guides.
● Complies with copyright and privacy regulations.
● Curates timely news updates for website, aligning with Radio Milwaukee’s mission.
● Writes compelling and engaging headlines.
● Publishes content in a visually engaging way, following best practices.
● Analyzes reports and provides data insights.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Proven ability to create and curate compelling multimedia content, including audio, written, video and social media with a portfolio of published work
● Journalistic integrity and sound news judgement
● Strong knowledge of AP style and best practices
● Proficient proofreading and editing skills
● Collaborative style and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals both inside the organization and in the community
● Ability to represent the organization professionally and enthusiastically, with a passion for Radio Milwaukee’s mission
● Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, serving as an attentive listener, articulate speaker and compelling writer
● Ability to prioritize and organize tasks, meet deadlines, and multi-task effectively
● Proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
● Ability to effectively present information and speak to groups of individuals, including employees and members of the public
● Ability to work well independently in a team environment
● Knowledge of search engine optimization
● Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, occasionally outside of regular business hours for special events
● Ability to occasionally travel throughout the organization’s service area for various meetings, special events and fundraising efforts
● Ability to occasionally travel out-of-town for work-related events, conferences and professional development opportunities, including overnights and weekends
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communication or related field, plus at least three years of experience writing and editing web content, or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach or grasp with hands and arms, including overhead and from floor to waist; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop or kneel; lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds; and operate a motor vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to read from a computer or electronic device, and the vision required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions during work-related travel.
Radio Milwaukee is a Fun Place to Work!
Work in our creative Walker’s Point office that includes a full kitchen, green roof/deck and performance space. We are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with a minimum of 3 days per week in the office.
Benefits at Radio Milwaukee
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: three weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal paid time off, medical/dental/vision and a great matching 401K. Benefits are available after an introductory period.
Send the following: cover letter, references, resume and salary requirements
to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer