Channeling generations of Black resilience to better Milwaukee for all
In the season two finale of By Every Measure, hosts Tarik Moody, Reggie Jackson and Kim Shine reflect on the single theme that threads through every conversation we've had in the preceding five episodes: Black resilience. Each share what resilience means to them and how it drives them today.
Then, in this final episode, Reggie shares his personal journey to recovery after suffering a stroke in 2022. Hear how he strives to build on the legacy of griots who have preceded him — and his message for the next generation — in his intimate conversation with Tarik and Kim.
By Every Measure season two is supported by The Argosy Foundation.
If you'd like to continue the conversation, we encourage you to join our By Every Measure discussion group on Radio Milwaukee's Facebook page. Each week, we open a dialogue on the episode's topic with daily conversation prompts and a virtual meet-up to discuss responses and navigate the community conversations collectively.
This season on 'By Every Measure'
- Episode 1 — Black Brain Drain, Part 1, with nationally touring musicians SistaStrings, and musician and poet Emmitt James.
- Episode 2 — Black Brain Drain, Part 2, with Corry Joe Biddle, executive director of Fuel Milwaukee; and Ranell Washington, vice president of Social X MKE.
- Episode 3 — Black Birth Outcomes with certified nurse midwife LuVerda Martin of Aurora Health Care and Geraud Blanks of Milwaukee Film.
- Episode 4 — Housing with Greg Wesley of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Ken Robertson of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation.
- Episode 5 — Generational Wealth with Kevin Newell of Royal Capital.
- Episode 6 — Black Resilience (March 28).
- Bonus episode — Critical Race Theory (April 3).