Local venues put a musical spin on election day with free shows, concert sweepstakes
Just before February's primary election, #iVoted Wisconsin announced a “get out the vote” partnership with several concert venues around Milwaukee, offering a chance to win tickets to more than 30 shows coming up this spring. Then, Madison’s FPC Live and Live Nation joined the effort to give Wisconsin residents who enter the contest even more live-entertainment options.
Now that we've reached election day, it's a good time to remind you how to enter the #iVoted Wisconsin Sweepstakes and attend a couple free shows right away for good measure. First off, we have the two special events happening tonight in Milwaukee:
- Dead Horses w/special guest NilexNile @ Lakefront Brewery (7 p.m.) is free to get in, plus you get a free beer or nonalcoholic drink.
- Cigarette Break, Emmett Mulrooney and Grey Genius @ Nō Studios (7:30 p.m.) is free when you show a selfie from outside your polling place or at home with a blank, unmarked ballot. If you’re not old enough to vote yet, you can still get in by telling the people at the door in which election you’ll be eligible to participate for the first time. If you’re a non-citizen or ineligible voter, you just have to tell them which artist you’re excited to see.
Beyond that, the sweepstakes has 70 shows up for grabs. In the Milwaukee area, that includes Caroline Rose, Jukebox the Ghost, Tennis, Joywave, Frank Turner, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness and the three-day Milwaukee Metal Fest at the Rave/Eagles Club. Winners also have the option of heading to Madison for shows like Andrew Bird, Samia, Aly & AJ, Lil Wayne, the Kid LAROI, Goose, Dawes, 100 gecs and Fruit Bats.
There are three ways to enter depending on your age and voting eligibility status:
- U.S. residents 18 or over & eligible to vote — Submit a selfie from outside your nearest polling place or at home with a blank and unmarked ballot to the sweepstakes’ portal. Each state or local jurisdiction may have their own rules, so please make sure to comply with any applicable restrictions at your polling place.
- U.S. residents aged 14-17 — Enter by sharing which election you'll be 18 for and why you’re excited to vote.
- Ineligible voters 18+ — Enter by sharing which artist you’re most hoping to win tickets to.
To access the entry portal, see the official rules and check out the full list of shows that are included, visit the #iVoted Wisconsin Sweepstakes webpage. Also, keep your eyes open for other music-based businesses around Milwaukee encouraging people to vote today. Lilliput Records joined the effort, offering 10% off storewide today only to anyone who presents their sticker or proof of voting.