Here's where to stock up on sweet, sweet Georgia peaches this summer
On this week's edition of This Bites, we're talking about a couple of new restaurants that will open in 2022. Also Milwaukee's first cidery is having its grand opening today in Bay View. We also talk about all things peaches and the rapper Rick Ross's new chicken thigh business, Thighstop, which is helping to address the national chicken wing shortage.
Lupi & Iris plans to wow
Milwaukee's getting a new fine dining restaurant, Milwaukee Magazine reports. Longtime Bartolotta Restaurants executive chef Adam Siegel will open Lupi & Iris with real estate developer Michael DeMichele. The French- and Italian-inspired fine dining restaurant is slated to start serving in spring 2022, and it sounds epic.
"The restaurant will feature six different dining and drinking areas, including a large outdoor patio, U-shaped bar, elevated lounge, spacious dining room, chef’s counter and private dining room for hosting banquets and special events," according to Milwaukee Magazine.
On the more comfort-food side of the dining spectrum, Mister Bar-B-Que is opening a brick-and-mortar restaurant at 4241 S. Packard Ave. in St. Francis.
Bay View welcomes Cache Cider
Musician Ethan Keller's long-planned cidery Cache Cider is opening today. It's located on the first floor of the Hide House complex, 2612 S. Greeley St., in Bay View. As part of Bay View Gallery Night, Keller's group will perform tonight's opening festivities, along with special guests Stephanie Lippert and Sam Grady, beginning at 5 p.m.
A very ripe subject
Wisconsin loves Georgia peaches. Last summer, Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. brought around 2 million pounds of Georgia peaches to Wisconsin -- that's nearly 3% of all of the peaches grown in all of Georgia. The company will be bringing them back this summer, and as a promotion it is hiding 10 "golden peaches" in its boxes this year. If you find one, you'll receive free fruit for a year.
Here's a schedule of where they'll be selling the peaches this month:
- 6/26 at 9 a.m.: Oak Creek Blain’s Farm & Fleet, Rawson Ave.
- 6/26 at 12 p.m.: Milwaukee Northwest, The Schwabenhof, Silver Spring Dr.
- 6/26 at 3 p.m.: Elm Grove/ Brookfield, North Moorland Road
- 6/28 at 12 p.m.: Pewaukee Elliot Hardware Capitol Dr.
- 6/29 at 9 a.m.: Franklin (Garden Plaza), 6516 South Lovers Lane Road
- 6/29 at 12 p.m.: Milwaukee – North, Elks Lodge #46 Good Hope Rd.
- 6/29 at 3 p.m.: Glendale Village Outdoor Living, Inc., North Green Bay Ave.
- 6/30 at 12 p.m.: Saukville Rivers Edge Restaurant, South Riverside Dr.
Hear us talk about all that and more on this week's episode below.