There has been a lot of discussion around the John Ridley-backed No Studios. This October 12 -14, No Studios will finally open its doors to the public. But what exactly is it? A better question might be, “What isn’t it?”
No Studios will be a hub for the creative arts in downtown Milwaukee. Located in the new Pabst Brewery complex, No Studios’ 40,000 square foot building will feature a mix of long-term and short-term offices, conference rooms, shared works spaces, gallery space, lounge, a cocktail bar, a Colectivo coffee shop, 47-seat screening room and a performance space with a stage. There will also be a rooftop bar that will host events with views of the city.
No Studios will hosts an impressive roster of tenants in coming months including Gener8tor, Milwaukee Film, Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance, 371 Productions, Custom Reality Services, UW-Milwaukee Department of Film and Marquette University.
For the rest of Milwaukee’s artists, it’s like joining a gym or city club for creatives. No Studios will offer various types of memberships to the creative community. The membership is broken into three tiers – Artist, Social and Club.
Artist ($500 per year / $45 per month)
- Enjoy the gallery lounge
- Priority access to the No Studios event and education calendar
- Up to two guests
- Access to performance spaces to present free of charge
- No Studios marketing support
- Flexible membership terms with no minimum time commitment
Social ($325 per year / $30 per month)
- Enjoy the gallery lounge and gallery level performances
- Priority access to the No Studios event calendar
- Up to two guests
- A one-year membership commitment is required
Club ($2000 per year / $200 per month)
- Enjoy both the gallery and club lounges
- Access to club member-only events
- Up to four guests
- Private event space reservations
- A one-year membership commitment is required along with an interview
To celebrate the grand opening of the new facility, No Studios will offer an exclusive preview of “Night School,” a comedy starring Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish for new members before its release to the public. No Studios will release the full lineup of grand opening events and open house opportunities later this month.