It’s all spooky David Lynch vibes this Sunday at The Cooperage
Milwaukee’s concert scene has a lot going on, so we look at the shows coming up to find the ones you’ll look back on and be glad you went. Then we add them to our weekly Milwaukee Concert Picks.
“Spooky Season” is officially in session, and we couldn’t be more stoked to have something to look forward to this Sunday that’ll help us get even more enveloped in that particular mood.
Inside A Dream: The Music of David Lynch (taking place at The Cooperage this Sunday at 7 p.m.) is a musical fever-dream materialized by local jazz guitarist Aidan White. Along with a full eight-piece, Roadhouse-worthy band, they'll generate a soundtrack to some of Lynch’s most arresting visuals from Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Twin Peaks and more.
Lynch once said, “This whole world is wild at heart and weird on top,” and he was clearly pretty skilled at demonstrating that notion in his work. As White puts it in the event promo, "Join us as we sonically venture into the mind of one of the greatest auteurs of our time.”
If you crave more Lynch in your life, hit up YouTube and peep some of White’s live performances so you can fully appreciate the sensory treat you’ll be in for this Sunday.
More shows worth a go
- Oct. 12: Of Montreal @ Turner Hall Ballroom, 8 p.m.
- Oct. 13: The Eradicator @ X-Ray Arcade, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 13: Melt-Banana, NO AGE, DREAM_MEGA @ The Back Room at Colectivo, 8 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Brat Sounds @ the Cactus Club, 8 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Spellbound, A Witches Ball (The LOL, Tigernite, Dora Diamond, Beth Anne Bodyworks) @ Linneman’s Riverwest Inn, 8 p.m.