From 'American Idol' to the Grammys, Felix Ramsey was born for the spotlight
This week's must-see show has to go to singer-songwriter Felix Ramsey. Admittedly, we're being a little self-serving with the pick considering he's playing the stage at our Walker's Point studios for this Thursday's State of Sound. But anywhere this incredibly talented individual performs is a can't-miss occasion.
Ramsey began singing when he was just 3 years old and was a contestant on season 10 of American Idol as a 15-year-old. In the time since, he's had the opportunity to meet and sing for Grammy- and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Marvin Hamlisch, perform with the Milwaukee and San Diego symphony orchestras, and appear at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards.
His latest project, Grey Area, is out on all streaming platforms, and he has even more in the works right now: a series of EPs, new videos and even a clothing line, #Prauxnoun shirts. Ramsey is one of those artists who never stops, so when he slows down long enough to share his alternative- and R&B-inspired music, it's well worth your time.
Catch him this Thursday, April 27, at Radio Milwaukee headquarters. Doors open at 5 p.m.
More shows worth a go
- April 28: Wave Chapelle, BoodahDARR, NilexNile, Lavish Liam, T!ny @ Cactus Club, 7 p.m.
- April 28: Stone Theory, Wonderful Bluffers, The Dead Bolts, Clementine @ The Cooperage, 6:30 p.m.
- April 28: Lex Delani, KG Japan, Lary Bull, Charrmonty, B Justice @ Nō Studios, 7 p.m.
- April 28: Adorner, Spider Creek, SSSAANN @ Linneman's, 8 p.m.
- April 30: Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Smoking Popes, Scam Likely @ Pabst Theater, 7 p.m.