Bon Iver summer tour will include a stop in Madison
Song Chest Radio Hour host Justin Vernon’s successful little music project known as Bon Iver will hit up a handful of spots across the United States this summer, including an Aug. 5 date at Breese Stevens Field in Madison.
It’s been a while since Vernon last played his home state as part of a proper tour. He had three shows scheduled for October 2020 in La Crosse, Wausau and Appleton but scrubbed all three that July due to the pandemic. Prior to that, he played a couple shows in Eau Claire in November 2019 and made his Summerfest debut in June of that year.
Bon Iver is currently playing a string of dates in Australia along with Gordi and last released new music in August, albeit as a featured artist on the National’s single “Weird Goodbyes.”
If you want to pick up tickets to the Madison show, there’s an artist presale on the Bon Iver website that starts at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 1 (code: “SALEM”), a venue presale at 10 a.m. the following day (code: “GATHERUP”) and a general sale at 10 a.m. Friday, March 3.
Bon Iver U.S. summer tour dates
- Aug. 2: Bayfront Festival Park in Duluth, Minn.
- Aug. 4: Hinterland Music Festival in St. Charles, Iowa
- Aug. 5: Breese Stevens Field in Madison, Wisc.
- Aug. 8: KettleHouse Amphitheater in Missoula, Mont.
- Aug. 9: Ogden Twilight in Ogden, Utah
- Aug. 11: Outlaw Field at the Idaho Botanical Garden in Boise
- Aug. 12: Hayden Homes Amphitheatre in Bend, Ore.
- Aug. 12-13: Day In Day Out Festival in Seattle
- Aug. 25-27: Beach Road Weekend in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.