A roundup of all the planned Milwaukee restaurants announced this week
Each week on This Bites, dining critic Ann Christenson from Milwaukee Magazine and Radio Milwaukee’s resident foodie Tarik Moody dig into the city’s culinary and restaurant culture to help you find new spots, old favorites and the best ingestibles around Milwaukee.
If you've been following This Bites recently, you'll know that Tarik and Ann are taking a deserved summer vacation this month. But our fearless web editor Brett Kryzkowski hasn't missed a beat, keeping you informed on the food news around Milwaukee.
That is, until this week when Brett selfishly decided to take his own family vacation to Disney World, leaving the lowly third-string to handle the local grub gabbing.
Well, my normal job here as social media guy at Radio Milwaukee is to be perpetually online. In that light, I took particular notice of a trend this week. A steakhouse being planned for downtown. A beloved restaurant planning to expand. A food truck planning to open its brick-and-mortar location this month. Picking up on the trend? So many plans!
So, in true social media manager fashion, I'm keeping the rest of this article short and sweet. Here's a list of all this week's reports from various Milwaukee media outlets about restaurants planning to open:
- The owner of Indian restaurant Maharaja is planning to open a steakhouse called Carbon Steak on Milwaukee Street
- Herbaceous food truck Heirloom MKE will have its Bay View brick-and-mortar grand opening Aug. 26
- The vegan chefs behind Twisted Plants are planning to bring a new concept to Sherman Phoenix Marketplace as early as next month
- Local Pubwill open in the Deer District this week in the former Loaded Slate space
- Vanguard's owners plan to open a "listening lounge" in Bay View
- West Allis is getting a classic diner feel with Archie's Flat Top and Scratch Ice Cream
- A craft beer shop and kitchen is being planned for a former taco joint in Shorewood
There are probably a few headlines I missed (I can't be online all the time). Brett should be back next week to continue filling in for Tarik and Ann. Until then, subscribe to This Bites where you stream.