Even regulars make new discoveries at Milwaukee Public Museum
Throughout the month of July, Uniquely Milwaukee shines a well-deserved spotlight on the unsung heroes of our city: the loyal regulars who not only frequent our bars, restaurants and museums, but also play a vital role in keeping everything running smoothly.
This week, we head indoors to a place that embeds exploration in its very being. Nestled in the heart of the city, the Milwaukee Public Museum stands as a beacon of cultural immersion, offering a treasure trove of artifacts and exhibits that span the globe and the ages.
From ancient civilizations to the wonders of the natural world, the exhibits on each floor combine to form a rich tapestry of human history and natural phenomena waiting to be explored. For some, such as frequent museum-goer Laura Keller, the exploration never stops.
With an insatiable thirst for knowledge and a profound love of history and dinosaurs, Laura has traversed the museum's floors countless times, with each visit unraveling new layers of wonder and discovery. This episode is an enchanting journey as she leads us through the halls and we experience the museum through her eyes. Then, we hear from MPM officials to find out what’s in store for the yet-to-be-built halls of the Future Museum, which is scheduled to break ground later this year.
Listen to the episode using the player at the top of the page or wherever you get your podcasts, and make sure to follow along with our full month of Milwaukee Regulars:
- July 4 — Our month of regulars starts behind the wheel
- July 11 — The thriving community of regulars at Throttle Twisters, Milwaukee’s first Black biker bar
- July 18 — From mundane to infectious: Mondays come alive with Bingo nights at Knights of Columbus
- July 25 — Rediscovering treasures: Milwaukee Public Museum unlocks a world of discovery and connection
- Aug. 1 — Oakland Gyros with Gego y Nony