Celebrate Father's Day with these specials from Milwaukee restaurants
Each week on Radio Milwaukee, Milwaukee Magazine dining critic Ann Christenson and 88Nine’s resident foodie Tarik Moody discuss Milwaukee’s culinary and restaurant culture on This Bites.
On this week’s episode, we’re discussing Father's Day and what local restaurants are offering, a new vendor in Sherman Phoenix, the city's pilot program for outdoor seating options, a review of Cavas, Crazy Water shutting down and becoming a Mexican restaurant and food on Juneteenth.
Father's Day is this Sunday and several restaurants are offering something special for your pops. Ardent is offering Burger DIY Kits, which includes a seasoned burger patty, Big Marty's Potato bun, brie cheese, Kasuzuke pickles, buttered and yeasted onions and a special sauce.
Sanford is offering a Father's Day Grill Pack, which includes:
- An appetizer (serves 4) of Malta Glazed Berkshire Pork Ribs - served with Mole Sauce and Slaw
- A 4 pack of Sanford House-made Elk Sausage - served with Pretzilla® Sausage Buns and Rhubarb Gooseberry Mostarda (a Northern Italian condiment we make in house)
- Pasta Salad - Orecchiette, Fresh Herbs, Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
- Dessert of Grilled Georgia Peaches and Bourbon Butter Caramel topped with Amaretti Crumble and Spiced Mascarpone
- Sanford embroidered chef coat
You must call Sanford to place your order at 414-276-9608
Odd Duck is offering a Father's Day family meal pick-up. You can pick up a special meal for four that includes:
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs with Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- Potato Salad with Eggs & Bacon
- Sweet Corn Salad with Avocado, Cherry Tomato, Jalapeño, Cotija Cheese & Chili Vinaigrette
Birch + Butcher is offering a special dad's day menu which includes cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing, hand-cut ham and rolls, or ready-to-grill marinated skirt steak.
New vendor in Sherman Phoenix
Sherman Phoenix announced that a new vendor, Rise & Grind cafe recently opened. They serve a variety of breakfast and brunch item plus a selection of coffee and fruit-based and green smoothies. They also have a location at 2737 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
City announces pilot program for outdoor seating options
The City of Milwaukee has started a pilot program for Active Streets for Businesses. As part of the program, bars and restaurants seek permission to expand outdoor seating by turning parking lanes, traffic travel lanes and sidewalks for more outdoor tables and chairs. You can learn more about the program via this presentation.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
Get all of 88Nine’s podcasts delivered right to you weekly at RadioMilwaukee.org/Podcasts. We’ve got podcasts about music, food and film, with fresh episodes dropping every week! And don’t forget to check out our new podcast “ Backspin: The Search for Milwaukee’s First Hip-Hop Song,” a six-part exploration of the birth of Milwaukee rap. All episodes are streaming now.