Take me to the river: A new hub for dining and drinks downtown
Each week on This Bites , dining critic Ann Christenson from Milwaukee Magazine and Radio Milwaukee’s resident foodie Tarik Moody dig into the city’s culinary and restaurant culture to help you find new spots, old favorites and the best ingestibles around Milwaukee.
The Associated Bank River Center ain’t what it used to be, and that’s a good thing. Since renovations began back in 2016, Saint Kate – The Arts Hotel has been the most notable and noticeable change. But it’s about to have a lot of company, thanks to a project we discuss at the top of this week’s episode.
If all goes according to plan, by next spring you’ll be able to pop into the River Center for a bite or a beverage (or both) at a variety of spots curated and operated by F Street Hospitality. Listen below to get all the details on this and other gastronomical goings-on around Milwaukee:
- Festa Italiana is back this weekend. Just don’t go to the Summerfest grounds (unless you’re more interested in canines than cannoli).
- Empty Bowls will take over the Deer District’s Beer Garden on Oct. 9 to raise funds for hunger relief.
- Lakefront Brewery will get a jump on National Cheese Curd Day by hosting a celebration Oct. 13.
- Sugar Maple invites Studio Ghibli fans to a four-day pop-up and art show in honor of the Japanese animation studio Oct. 20-23.
- OK, this is technically Chicago, but when someone plans to bring whole-hog barbecue within driving distance, we gotta talk about it.
You can listen to the episode below; and please subscribe, like, review and share wherever you get your podcasts so we can keep delivering you the dish every week.