On this week’s episode of Milwaukee’s longest-running food podcast, we’re talking about Sanford restaurant’s movie-inspired menu in honor of the Milwaukee Film Festival. We also talked about where to find some tasty tamales in Milwaukee, a new pudding shop, The Great Midwestern Pie Championship, and Harbor House’s Oysterfest.
Sanford movie-inspired menu
In honor of the Milwaukee Film Festival, Sanford has created a movie-inspired menu for the entire run of the festival. The menus feature family meals and individual dishes.
Check out Sanford’s Film Feast Family Meal calendar:
- Friday, Oct. 16 – APOCALYPSE NOW (1979)
- Saturday, Oct. 17 – RATATOUILLE (2007)
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 – WHEN HARRY MET SALLY (1989)
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 – TAMPOPO (1985)
- Thursday, Oct. 22 – BRIDGET JONES DIARY (2001)
- Friday, Oct. 23 – TORTILLA SOUP (2001)
- Saturday, Oct. 24 – AMERICAN PSYCHO (2000) “A night at Dorsia”
- Tuesday, Oct. 27 – SOUL FOOD (1997)
- Wednesday, Oct. 28 – JULIE & JULIA (2009)
- Thursday, Oct. 29 – THE HATEFUL 8 (2015)
- Friday, Oct. 30 – BEETLEJUICE (1988)
- Saturday, Oct. 31 – INDIANA JONES and the TEMPLE OF DOOM (1984) – DINNER OF DOOM!
A new dessert spot with a focus on pudding
Just in time for the fall, a new dessert cafe with a focus on banana pudding called Hey Puddin’ is coming to Cudahy. In addition to traditional banana pudding, Hey Puddin’ will offer a variety of flavors including pumpkin spice, strawberry shortcake, turtle sundae and more. Puddings will be available for carry out or delivery via their website. Tomorrow, they will be hosting a free tasting event.
Like what you hear? Subscribe!
Get all of 88Nine’s podcasts delivered right to you weekly at RadioMilwaukee.org/Podcasts. We’ve got podcasts about music, food and film, with fresh episodes dropping every week! And don’t forget to check out our new podcast “By Every Measure,” a six-part exploration of systemic racism in Milwaukee.
|Support from our community makes stories like the one you just read possible. Make a gift to support the team behind the programming you use and enjoy!|